LegacyGT.com

For the 2006 models - no choice between beige or black leather?

I preferred the Taupe interior on my Atlantic Blue Pearl Legacy, mainly because of hot days. Leather interior is hot enough as it is. I imagine sitting in a black leather car on a 95 degree day would be the equivalent of sitting on a frying pan. That's just me. Also, I understand the headliner is taupe even in black cars, which doesn't make much sense to me.

I've gotten into my Regal blue legacy on a few 100+ F days and of course it's hot inside the car, but the leather wasn't burning hot.

- Mike

So why are people who already have an 05 Legacy complaining about what the 06 does and doesn't have for interior color? I've noticed that Acura doesn't seem to offer a choice of interior color with their cars.. if you want red you get tan interior. They don't seem to have a problem selling cars. I think it's important to remember that we(car enthusiasts) are a very small minority of the car buying population, especially with a car like the Legacy.

And here's the kicker. if SOA LOSES SALES LIKE MINE (and it very likely has), IT LOSES MORE MONEY FROM SELLING FEWER UNITS THAN IT SAVES OFFERING THE OPTION AT SLIGHTLY HIGHER COST, which has already been accounted for anyway. Moron SOA Bean-counters... Used Legacy sales mean no money on your balance sheet.

They're not going to shed a tear because you're one of a select handful of bitchy/complainy consumers. They'll still sell cars.

They're not going to shed a tear because you're one of a select handful of bitchy/complainy consumers. They'll still sell cars.

How do you know he's one of a "select handful"? He's just giving his opinion. Peace - please.

Saving the stock mats for later. These are pretty good mats and if something happens to them I'll just throw 'em out and buy new ones.

The factory berber-type mats are too nice to expose to mud, etc.

Saving the stock mats for later. These are pretty good mats and if something happens to them I'll just throw 'em out and buy new ones.

The factory berber-type mats are too nice to expose to mud, etc.

Guess that's as good a reason as any. :D

FWIW - I always buy a second set from the dealer and leave them in the closet....no better way to sell a car than by putting fresh factory mats in. It's amazing how new the car looks that way ;)

You can call me what you will. No skin off my nose.

SOA may not shed a tear. I don't care either way. I want the car I want, and I may be more specific than most, but I also talk about cars with people often, and I back up my statements about what cars I like, and which ones I don't. Which side does SOA want to be on?

Do they want my sale, or my positive word of mouth, or do they not?

The really clinching point I am trying to make is simply this...

The decisions that SOA made for the Legacy for 2006 were bad decisions, and whether or not they have a huge effect now, if SOA continues down that path, it will come back around to bite them.

If SOA continues to hamper itself by offering less content for more money, and cut options from the Legacy line, it is going to lose sales. Maybe a lot, maybe a few, and maybe just mine, but I'd think it will be more, rather than less.

Maybe B9s, Outback wagons, and WRXs will sell well, and SOA's overall balance sheet will look good, but that only further masks bad decision-making for the Legacy model, which could otherwise help SOA further.

Maybe Acura and Lexus sell cars without interior color options. But they have lots of other options, like MP3 player capability, NAV that isn't stupidly restricted, bolder paint colors, telescoping steering wheel, and I am sure we could go on and on...

One thing that all of Subaru's competition has in common, is that they all have much larger market-bases, and more than 1% marketshare. And they didn't get there by offering LESS!

So, call me names, claim that I am unimportant. Doesn't bother me. But try to refute my points, and see how far you can get...

Archived