LegacyGT.com

Feeler, Sorta

I have a bit of a predicament. This is sort of a feeler and I'll try not to be long winded. Just had a short block installed in my car ( 05 OBP LGT LTD, 5MT, Tein springs with Bilstein Struts) and some head work ( valves), was done. All gaskets and pretty much a complete engine overhaul was done. Car has a VF52 and after break-in may be tuned for Stage 2. I really love this car and although mentally I can start my odometer back to zero, I'm wondering if I should keep it for the rest of it's life or sell and purchase/ lease something with a warranty option. I have never been a fan of purchasing new. However, I am afraid, as this is my second Subaru that succumbed to engine failure. (First time, I have no idea why; this time, just bad tune and running lean, I guess.)

Anyway, there's nothing on the market I like, not even the new Subarus. The two cars I want I cannot afford right now ( Nissan GTR or Audi S6). If I sell this, I may be able to pay off what I owe, plus have a little extra for a down payment. ARGGGHH!!! the thougth of making payments on a boring car is giving me the creeps. Maybe I just resolved my own predicament, and posing this question on this forum would give a bias response...as bias as I am feeling towards my car. :spin:

P.S. orignal Mileage is 114K and rear bearings recently changed. How much can I expect to get for this?

.... let me look at it :p

Hey this is a family thread..Lol. Really though, don't see that many LGT's in this area. Lemme know when you're around. I'm leaning towards keeping the car, Guess it didn't take that much convincing. Hoping for the best and hoping to invest in a really good tune.

Hey this is a family thread..Lol. Really though, don't see that many LGT's in this area. Lemme know when you're around. I'm leaning towards keeping the car, Guess it didn't take that much convincing. Hoping for the best and hoping to invest in a really good tune.

I had all kinds of ideas when I was looking at a DD to replace my 2.5RS....there really just isn't much out there that matches these cars. Hell of a value, imo, for performance, luxury, and style. I'd only consider selling mine in a couple of years if I'm earning more money and I can find a low mileage LGT to replace it.

If you just spent the money on a new turbo and shortblock, I'd definitely say keep it, otherwise you're just throwing money away.

Archived