LegacyGT.com

front end conversions

I really love my 2007 LGT, but after the last few months of seeing the 08-09 body style I really like that front end so much more. I think it looks a little more aggressive than the 05-07 front end. Has anyone ever swapped out the front end of an 07 for an 08 before? I'm really thinking about doing it just dont know if it will work.

http://i.imgur.com/Qz728.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/GuttedLS/DSCN2269_zps1a73aaba.jpg

Fenders, bumper, headlights, grill, fog lights, fog light wiring harness. There was something else as well. Cant think of it off the top of my head.

I think you would also need the headlight mounting bracket??? Im not sure though

I believe blongo804 just did this swap, so he could give you first-hand info. If you can't find a used swap I can help you with new hardware since I am an OEM parts dealer.

Do you have a link to blongo804 so i dont have to look around for an hour to find him on here?

Parts needed:

'08 - '09 of the following:

Bumper cover

Gille

Headlights

Headlight Brackets

Foglights

Tow Hook Cover

Fenders

Beam and Foam

Fog Wiring Pigtails

That's it!

Please see Underdog for parts, can't go wrong.

Nope, just a MINOR trim of the front bumper cover in the lower opening... just the inner corners really - not noticeable at all after install.

Minor... LOL

Depends on how big the FMIC is and if you want to get rid of the buck tooth ;)

I'm not even sure he does have a fmic, I just sort of assumed he does because he's got a gt but no scoop...? I'm also not entirely sure that pic in post #1 is his car. 07 NBP limited with no scoop, '05 lights, and dark seats? Yeah...I don't think so.

By the way, Jakespud, where's your hood scoop? 08Legacy08, if he's running a front mount, would he need anything different to do the conversion?

neither of those picture were my car... they actually belong to other members of the forum

I have the 08-09 front on my 05. It is a simple paint and bolt on project. I had no issues at all. I think all of the headlight and foglight harness plugs matched as well.

I know that the headlight wiring will match it the fogs that im not sure about. So it either works or I ditch the fogs, because....

"AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!"

• 6 months later...

Archived