LegacyGT.com

Are the radiators for 4th gens the same all across the board or are the gt and I's different due to turbo reservoir? My radiator just exploded and I am trying to find a replacement from a junkyard but wanted to know if I had options or I have to be specific.

Looks like its for tranny oil cooler......

Wondering If I can run a hose from oil line on bottom of engine near exhaust manifold to that type of radiator. To both hold more oil and keep it cooler. Anyone heard of anybody doing this?

Seems really easy to do, just probably need 3' of hosing and 4 clamps, the mt and 5eat radiators cost the same.

Someone please chime in and stop me from doing this... there has to be a reason why I shouldnt...

I change my oil every other week. I would not be worried about old oil, and I can just disconnect the lines and blow air into it to get the most of it out. I am going to junkyard first thing in morning and I am taking whatever I can get be it at or mt. I need to be mobile by 10:00 to go to a funeral.

Extra oil for engine and a little cooling far outweighs dealing with some oil in system during an oil change imo. I drive hard.

So I guess I'll just run the lines either way. Both the line from the picture and the radiator are all coolant lines so if I do come across an at radiator I can run those lines into oil cooler line to keep more coolant in system.

Just as a general fyi doesn't the oil filter screw onto a water cooled oil cooler on the LGT's? You don't want the oil to get too cool, but I doubt that it would get to that point even with a second oil cooler.

THe bottom is where the automatic tranny fluid goes to get cooled.

Like said above, you don't want your oil getting to cool, it needs to be hot enough in the winter to boil the moisture out of it.

Your coolant crossover pipe looks in good shape.

Just get the proper radiator for your car. You'll be thankfull you did.

Don't rush tring to do a MOD, think it thru...

If you want more oil do what HAMMERDOWN did, get a remote filter set up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived