LegacyGT.com

To minimize body roll which would you do first? Shocks or sways?

Yeah I have no plans to get it anywhere near as stiff as the S2000. That thing now has basically zero body roll at all. Feels like it is on tracks now.

I just want the legacy to not feel scary on bumping curvy roads. I've gone stage 2 so far and upgrading the turbo to a 16g soon which should be fine for my daily but think it is time for a little bit of a suspension overhaul.

I'd do sways, suspension and brace. I'd also consider better rubber.

I guess it all comes down to how hard you're going to push it. While the suspension is soft and the body roll horrible it's pretty forgiving, where as the brakes are scary as all get out. I just wouldn't push this sedan as hard as the S. When I want to hit back roads with the lady, we leave the heavy sedan at home. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can go spend $140 on a JDM rear sway only or a little more for a set of sways, and a first time DIY'er can install it in 1-3 hours. Either way there's a dramatic difference in body roll.

The dive and squat will still be there though.

Yeah I'm not worried about the install. Should be cake.

Maybe I'll do the sways first then. The squat and bounce is annoying though. When shifting at redline the car feels so sloppy between shifts. I think the shocks should help with that a good bit!

Looks like I'll be doing probably whiteline front and rear sways with avo rear brackets and not sure which endlinks yet and then the koni yellows with epic springs.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Yeah I'm worried about that! My car is an 08 but from looking underneath it seems these cars rust under there quick!

Damn AVO rear brackets are sold out. Was all set to buy front and rear adjustable Whiteline bars but don't do me any good without the rear bracket. I might check out those Moog solid endlinks I think it is just assuming mine will be seized or something and will have to cut them off. Would be nice for adjustability to not have that allen key hole in the endlink I have read about anyways.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Oh wow good to know! Do you know the part numbers for the front and rear mood end links?

Why does everyone say you need the avo rear brackets? Do the oem ones bend or crack or something?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1430733,parttype,7580

The stout mount brackets are a must once you get into the bigger rear sways, but the OEM rear stabilizer bars can fail it seems anytime and esp with salty winters. Kind of a crapshoot.

Thanks!

So looks like fronts are part number. K750049

And rears are K750023 if those are the correct two. I thought they were about $25 a piece though. Only one model available from moog?

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

I got my endlinks from amazon you can get both f&r for under 50. Not sure the part number. I think they bend i use a whiteline on the hard setting with out issue. I would imagine a lot of people don't use reinforced brackets because they haven't made them in a while.

I just put the AVO brackets on 2 weeks ago, the passenger side was twisted a little from my WL EL and SB, and the I tired to snug it down that's when I stripped the Threads!

Sways are the biggest change to the suspension after tires.

+1... After running upgraded sways for about 10k miles on an otherwise OEM suspension, the body roll was nearly eliminated. A nice spring/strut combo would round things out, but the sways are what you're looking for. Just be sure to get some nice endlinks and the AVO rear sway reinforcing brackets. I'm pretty sure Mike from Infamous has these in stock right now.

Brackets are sold out unfortunately. I'm

Hoping the moog end links will hold up. Definitely don't want to get any clunking adjustable end links!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update this thread. I went with hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Incredible difference. The car feels actually planted before. World of a difference!

I could never drive this car again with the stock sways. Really felt terrible before swapping the sway bars in!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Thought I'd update this thread. I went with hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Incredible difference. The car feels actually planted before. World of a difference!

I could never drive this car again with the stock sways. Really felt terrible before swapping the sway bars in!

Hopefully you put the AVO brackets on too. If not, expect to tear one of the supports (usually the DS) so if you don't want this to happen, drive it very gingerly until you can find the AVO brackets (or equivalent -Perrin, Cobb, etc.) and put them on. There are a lot of people on here that can show you photos of torn RSB mounts and once they're torn, then you're into a pretty big job to repair.

It's not truth, but believe what you want. Going from OEM to Swift springs was the by far the biggest change to my suspension's basic nature. Less roll, less dive. Just remarkable. Before the spring change it wasn't far off a Camry suspension. Ridiculous.

To minimize body roll which would you do first? Shocks or sways?

A 20mm rear sway only with an hour of labor for a beginner mechanic at $120 is a significantly greater value and the absolute first step to minimizing body roll.. In my experience and opinion, yes.

Archived