LegacyGT.com

Datalogging w/ Romraider/Enginuity???WTF?

TPLGT

So I think I have everything need to start logging:

DL Romraider and all appropriate drivers.

Bot VAG-COM cable..

So I connected my laptop to the ECU and it after a while it seemed to recognize the software. On the bottom left it read ECU query and it asked me to choose th parameters to monitor. I slected them and then started the car (had it in on ACC position). when I started the car it freaked out and would not connect.

I tried to connect with the car running but to no avail. What am I missing?

I tried to start and stop using the defroster switch but that did nothing either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TP

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just DL'd ecuflash. During the DL it said congrats you have Dl'd some sort of driver..so this may be the ones I need. When I plug in the Vag-com cable will they ask me to select a driver?

There is soooo much stuff that goes along with enginuity just to log...unreal. A steep learning curve for me.

Rehab is for quitters.

TPLGT, did you purchase the cable from Autonostics?

If so, go here for the driver download:

http://autonostics.com/pages.php?pageid=3

Yes I did...I saved it o the desk top like the instrux. state....when I try to open it says windoews cannot open the F'n file...onething after another.

Typically the cable would recognize the driver...

Rehab is for quitters.

So I downloaded a program that unzipped this file. Do I need to do anythin else or am I good?

Wasn't sure if I need to put the driver somewhere or if I plug in the VAG-Com cable, I am good to go?

Any thoughts? Too late to try now.

Rehab is for quitters.

You unzip the file, then run the executable. Once that is done, you can plug in the vagcom cable and it should work fine. I logged with my new cable last night with romraider and no problems at all. Worked flawlessly.

So I DL'd theWin RAR extractor program and extracted the driver. I plugged the cable into the OBDII port and to the laptop...It comes saying it tis qyering the ECU and the parametrs come up.....I also get some data: min. value, current, and max.... I select the parameter, turn on the car and try to connect.

The bottom left hand corrner says unable to send ECU init- check correct serial port HAS BEEN SLECTED, CABLE IS CONNECTED, IGNITION is on...it continues to flash this as it tried to connect.

I have no idea!

Rehab is for quitters.

Do i need to extract the Driver and ECU definition update to a certain file of just extract it?

I am sorry If I am killing you guys! This has been f'n painstaking for me from the get go!

Rehab is for quitters.

Do i need to extract the Driver and ECU definition update to a certain file of just extract it?

I am sorry If I am killing you guys! This has been f'n painstaking for me from the get go!

For the ECU definitions, extract them to a directory of your choosing. Proceed to do the following:

1) Open Enginuity/RomRaider

2) Select "ECU Definitions"

3) Select "ECU Definition Manager..."

4) In the "Definition File Manager" popup click the "Add..." button and hunt down where you extracted the ECU definition to and then click "Open".

5) Hit the "Apply" button in the "Definition File Manger" popup.

6) Hit the "Save" button.

Hopefully all works out for you.

I replied to your PM but try this.

Start the car first, then plug in the OBDII connector into the laptop and start Enginuity. Can you also verify that the com port the USB cable is using is the same com port that enginuity is trying to use?

Alright I think I have it working (the data changes while the engine runs) this is a good sign.. I had to turn on the car FIRST then plug in the OBDII and PC...unreal.

A few questions....I am going to owe you guys beer for this...

The only data I can see is the data screen tab not the graph tab or dashboard.

I saw an enginuity 'how to' on you tube and the person had the dash board up w/ individual blocks for each piece of data. Am I missing something?

Also, I tried to log at idle which I did buy using the defroster..the question..how do I save each log? It doesn't ask me to save it to a file or under File on the program it only allows me to save a profile...not the log...

ONe last ???. I need to log Dynamic Advance and cannot fin it on the list. What else would it be listed under?

Thanks for everything!

TP

Rehab is for quitters.

The only data I can see is the data screen tab not the graph tab or dashboard.

You have to check off what you want displayed in each tab. None of the settings carry over from data screen to graph or dashboard.

Also, I tried to log at idle which I did buy using the defroster..the question..how do I save each log? It doesn't ask me to save it to a file or under File on the program it only allows me to save a profile...not the log...

Click settings, Log File Output Location, then see where your log files are being saved at. It should be a csv file and it autonames your file. So basically you will have a log file from the time you turn on the defroster to the time you turn off the defroster as long as you ahve that feature enabled.

ONe last ???. I need to log Dynamic Advance and cannot fin it on the list. What else would it be listed under?

Look for Ignition timing Dynamic advance. I think that is what Scott is looking for.

How did I know this was going to come up? Man , I will tell you that I have been running the Cobb stage 2 OTS map and the car feels great...so I can imagine what it's going to feel like when I get my custom MAP.

BTW, infamous if your avatar is your Leggy I wnat to see some pics.

Rehab is for quitters.

Damn good looking car, Brother. All of you help on the threads is much appreciated!

What are you putting to the wheels?

I have yet to take it back to the dyno, probaly never will again. My road dyno spreadsheet says I am around 290whp 320wtq at sealevel.

It's working...I logged an idle...now a 3rd gear pull and a log crusing...

Thanks a million guys!!!

:lol:

Sorry, TP. I was waaaaaaay too late to the game. I'm glad that you got things hammered out! Post some logs!

Archived