LegacyGT.com

His and Hers.

Well, here's the two cars. The 2.5i is the wifey's car, and the GT is mine. Not the best pics, but it's what I could grab, before the Sun went down.

Enjoy.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_3900.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_3898.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_3895.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/inthedeck/IMG_3894.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice! My wife would never go for a matching set. She would want hers to look different from mine. Interesting about the exhaust tips being different as i v'e never seen a rear side by side comparison of an i vs gt.

Thanks gents. After much deliberation, it was the choice to make. Glad we made it.

No, I don't work for Subaru...just have a place in my heart for them. This is the third one I have had, and the first one for her. Even my brother has a Imp. 2.5RS...5-speed, in the dark blue, I forget the name of the color.

We didn't mind the matching set...so, that's a bonus...as we both like the color, so why not.

Nah, hopefully that won't happen, this time around :(:)

Still in break-in, so I change between I, S, and S# mode, every hundred miles. There's actually a shift light, when using the I mode, which is kinda weird...it warns you to shift at around 3K rpm's in 1 - 3rd gears, and then 2500 - 3K in 4th and 5th

As for mod plans, well, we shall see what happens, in the near future. Two car payments, and insurance on two cars...a little bit much for the wallet, so once we both come up with a solid budget, maybe I will have some mod money.

One thing that I know I can do cheap is the STS, and the sway bars. I had those on the '05 LGT that I sold...(plus lower arm bars, both f/r) and I know those make a HUGE difference. They are not too expensive, and I know I can at least put the rear SB on myself...it's all the other parts that someone will have to install. But, no money for anything, right now.

I am sure the bug will bite, but, I have to keep it under control...for a while.

Yeah...me too. Break in is soooo tough. Oh well, only about 900 miles to go...

Then an oil change, and we go from there. I do miss some things from the '05 I sold...like the STS...for one. Easy add on, though...so, not worried. Sway bars too.

Debadge them both and get a GT hood for the i...really fark with her.

My wife won't even let both cars be the same color, much less the same color and same car.

I'll bet you're a Subaru employee.

It is still ugly.

nope...I'm an IT guy. I've just learned how to play the dealer games.

as for the wife's car..she will get fogs and a sub...those are the two things that she wants. So, those will be the first 'mods.' Too bad it has to be on her car...hehe.

Yeah, oil changes aren't that hard, but I don't think I am going to get a fumoto valve this time around...even though it really does make things a helluva lot easier. I'll see...if they make them for the '08's, then I may just get them with the nipple this time and a hose to attach to it. Will make it that much simpler...and I know the code floating around, for 10% off...hehe.

Thanks, though, for all the comments. They are much appreciated.

^^ Thanks TT.

Hopefully, this time around, it will be more than suspension mods. I know there's some serious tuners here, in Fl...so, who knows what may happen.

For now...gonna keep it stock, till I can come up with some cash. First, a house, and kids...then we can worry about mods. Otherwise, the wife will have at it! :):lol:

I don't mind the fact that it's the same color...but thanks. hehe, I'm sure if she liked to drive a stick, she'd want to trade more often.

She is starting to like the sportshift, though...so, who knows...maybe she'll take some extra lessons, and relearn driving a stick. I have taught her in the past...she just never practiced.

nice. however, in my house, it's different. the gt would be mine and the 2.5i would be his. ;) but not the same color.

Hhaha sounds like mine, although my hubby is now trying to get a WRX or FXT b.c he likes how quick mine is lol ..

Congrats on the new car, it is kinda cool that they match .My husband and I used to both have a Mazdaspeed Protege but his was silver, and mine was titanium-and faster hehe.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Thanks. It's a much better car than the galant that she had. She bought it new, and made the worst deal possible, on the car...but, you live and learn. I had paid it off, and luckily, recouped most of the money, when we traded it in...so, I was happy. Maybe lost 1K or so, but, it's better to have a new car, than to have a car from the North come to the South. Even the coolant is different colors down here...it's orange, versus the green stuff, in the northern part of the country.

She's happy, so, that's what matters. Appreciate the comments.

We are shopping for a new car for the wife. I got my spec.B and now she wants a Legacy too. I thought about a 08 2.5i for her, but I just can't bring myself to have 2 Legacy's (even though we both just love the first one).

She drives maybe once a month, and doesn't know stick (I've tried teaching her on mine, but not doing so good. She can drive the Civic SI 6MT though). If she could drive the spec.b on occasion, then I would just get another toy for myself like a turbo GC8 Impreza or a Evo. I could still get one of those for her, but I don't want my "fun" car to be a auto. :( Maybe she would be more comfortable with the mushy 5 speed in the Impreza? She did test drive the 06 LGT 5MT a couple months before I got mine and drove it fine around a parking lot.

Anyhow, you got two nice cars there. I too never noticed the difference in the exhaust, or that the i didn't have side repeaters in the mirrors and no foglights. What different inside? I bet your neighbors can't tell the difference :)

They do make a 2.5 in a manual...have her try that one.

Differences inside:

Leather seats (can be had on a limited 2.5i)

Auto Climate control on the LGT vesus hers, which is manual (which I like better).

Hers is cloth, mine is leather (I like the cloth better, esp. here in Florida).

Hers has power drivers seat only, LGT has power driver (8 way) and passenger (4 way)

Hers has diff. gauges, and no Si Drive.

Both have 60/40 split folding seats with pass through (YAY!)

Her tires are different (Advans, in a different size...205/50/17 V-rated vs 215/45/17 W rated) and rims are different, although 17's.

Hers only has cruise control on steering wheel, LGT has audio, cruise, and Si Drive

Both have aux. jacks, and 12v inside cubby...and hers has armrest extension.

She has sportshift, and I have manual...

Both have TPMS & Sunroof

Stereo is different, hers does not have SRS Wow...or 6 disc.

That's all I can think of, right now....though, I don't think there's much else on the inside that's different. Lighting is the same...cubby is there...glove box is the same...belts are the same...mats are the same...etc.etc.

As for the neighbors, I don't think they have been outside enough, to see both cars. My one neighbor did comment though, that he thought it was a new BMW (when my wife brought her car home, for the first time (a week before I brought mine home)). He was surprised when I told him it was a Subaru. Not many that I have seen around here, as far as Legacies go...and definately haven't seen another '08 around the area.

Archived