LegacyGT.com

Bill Kolb, Jr. offers a 2005 Legacy GTX edition

Just wanted to let everyone know. Here in NY, Bill Kolb Jr. is putting out a slightly tweaked LGT. I saw the ad in the NY Post and ran up upstate to check these cars out. I really liked them, but talked myself into buying a GT off the lot, and I think got a better deal. Anyway, I'd rather do all the little mods myself, But, here is the link, check it out. [url]http://www.subarugtx.com/[/url]
KevinH

bill kolb jr. was one of the two dealerships i went to when buying my legacy. i saw the gtx, and the salesman explained it to me as well. its nothing to get crazy about. they changed the interior a bit (which the salesman himself said was a bit funky in his opinion) and added slight performance mods i think. bill kolb jr. has a great garage and employ sports enthusiast who drive old school subaru sports cars. they know their stuff. they are nice people, but not very flexible on their price (in my situation). as for the gtx, i don't reccomend anyone getting that done to their car, unless they do like the changes, which i doubt anyone could like altogether. by the base, then addon.

I feel the same, buy the base and add on. But, I did get a better price on a LGT at Kolb than by me on Long Island. I got it for just a little above invoice. The GTX is not spectacular by far, cat-back exhaust, strut-brace, wing & a fancy leather interior (the interior was nice though). That's not a lot for the price increase. Dont be fooled those 18" wheels are eXtra! And, anyone interested I picked up the Borla exhaust at Summit Racing for $699 (cat-back). -KevinH
KevinH

Hold The @&&@ Up1!! I Dont Get Anyone Talking Aobut Price>!!!?! 26,999 =27k Invoice Is Practically Over That !!! What Am I Missing This Is Absoultly Far Under What I Can Get From A Dealer Here And Ive Been To 3.. New England!!

MY BAD its the non lmtd model, but i called and if u have a lmtd and want the seats they will be happy to buy the seats and take out urs and install the nice ones... and the borla exaust (+18 hp) and the lip spoiler and everything else they offer good guys, ask for anthony -alex

jedi master, how wrong could you go i mean there just installing seats, ide buy the lmtd somewhere else alot closer to me... ih8vtec13- i want pics!! haha i want to get a black gt lmtd and thought the blue would look killer like in the STI, somthing about it... the red would look good too but.. :-/ i dunno, im sort of hooked on blue, i want to get the 4 inch small led Blue neons and put them under the front seats to illuminate the interior, it would loOK TIIIGHT1!!! 1148 for the seats so its not bad... how long did they say it would take for them to install it? the guy i talked to said he would need to have the car a week.. thats such BS!! they order the seats they give me an appointemnt i drive it in and wait for them to do it, or i spend the night, not a week!! if ur getting the seats ALSO GET THE BORLA and the niice Piaa rims lol or the sway bars like on the STI DUDE U HAVE MY CAR !! I HATE YOU!! LOL -alex

[quote name='Alex1']jedi master, how wrong could you go i mean there just installing seats, ide buy the lmtd somewhere else alot closer to me... ih8vtec13- i want pics!! haha i want to get a black gt lmtd and thought the blue would look killer like in the STI, somthing about it... the red would look good too but.. :-/ i dunno, im sort of hooked on blue, i want to get the 4 inch small led Blue neons and put them under the front seats to illuminate the interior, it would loOK TIIIGHT1!!! 1148 for the seats so its not bad... how long did they say it would take for them to install it? the guy i talked to said he would need to have the car a week.. thats such BS!! they order the seats they give me an appointemnt i drive it in and wait for them to do it, or i spend the night, not a week!! if ur getting the seats ALSO GET THE BORLA and the niice Piaa rims lol or the sway bars like on the STI DUDE U HAVE MY CAR !! I HATE YOU!! LOL -alex[/QUOTE] Im debating the exaust its $900 and the seats are under $1400, btw its not aftermarket realy it's just a JDM special edition interior. im also hooked on the blue so i will most likley just do that.

well i did the blue suede and i love it, its great, the lip spoiler is nice, the strut bar is awesome, great quality and the borla should go on in the next two weeks since when i bought it the exhaust wasnt even out yet...i didnt get the rims since i didnt want to put more mods into my payments...but for the price it was a great deal in my opinion...26,777, im satisfied. I like the dealer too, if you guys ever go over there, just speak to Dominic and tell him Mike Trevor sent you, whether you are buying a car or just asking questions, he is the man over there and real honest guy....

OK, I like the interior. I might go grey, or a deep red. Is it actual suede, or that new microfiber stuff? the microfiber might actually hold up better, and is very comfortable and cool(not warm) and breatheable to sit on. I like the chrome stock rims, but why leave the center caps "spun"? Don't really like the PIAA rims. What is the deal with the "Paddle shift Automatic" option? regular sport shift, or do they acually put paddles behind the steering wheel? They list a moonroof as an option. Is that an upgrade on the donor car to "Limited" and swapping the custom seats over, or is that an aftermarket moonroof? I have to agree with the original poster, that I would rather do some of that stuff myself, and leave the rest.

The "paddle shift", I think is a mis-leader. When I spoke to the salesman, and asked him about that. He had no real answer but, it is the option from the factory. Which means the "sport shift". And I never persued it much further to get the true answer. When I purchased my LGT from them, originally I asked for a LGT w/ the moonroof option. And found out it would take 3 days, which meant they would send it out to a aftermarket place and have it done. I didnt like taht idea, and just drove the car off the lot. -KevinH
KevinH

[quote name='Bob N']I like the interior with the seats but why change out the beautiful 17'' wheels that come with this car. Frankly, I find his optional wheels ugly plus I have to pay extra?[/QUOTE] They should take some cash off if you get thosed ugly ass wheels. :D btw I hate that stupid trunk spoiler, it looks like a flat painted peice of plastic that takes away from the car. If you want a spoiler from the dealer, get the standard or sti trunk lid one.

[quote name='kevinh']I feel the same, buy the base and add on. But, I did get a better price on a LGT at Kolb than by me on Long Island. I got it for just a little above invoice. The GTX is not spectacular by far, cat-back exhaust, strut-brace, wing & a fancy leather interior (the interior was nice though). That's not a lot for the price increase. Dont be fooled those 18" wheels are eXtra! And, anyone interested I picked up the Borla exhaust at Summit Racing for $699 (cat-back). -KevinH[/QUOTE] That's plenty for the price increase. Invoice on a GT sedan is $24.5K. So for an extra $2500, you're getting the exhaust ($700), wing ($380) and strut brace ($225), which means an extra...almost $1200 for the leather kit. Seems pretty fair to me, if that's what you want, and you have the added benefit of having the dealer do it, instead of fretting about sourcing it yourself. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
The thing is, if I see a "GTx" on the road, I'm going to have to laugh at it- I mean, unless it has a turboback and ECU upgrade, it's just another turbo Legacy.

Archived