LegacyGT.com

HID retrofit + sidemarker mod

CombatCQB

Finally found the time to retrofit new projectors and HID on my LGT! It's the same setup as VXCL, and everything went fairly well. The biggest challenge was to align the projector with the stock bezel which took some time.

The biggest change was the sidemarker, definitly don't like the stock orange reflectors but don't want it completely clear... so here's the compromise:

DSCN1802s.JPG.00a8c0643f60b4bbd87d6b6ec98d3aea.JPG

DSCN1804s.JPG.df3388125db0112e3d8d57020690d3de.JPG

That's probably the most unique side marker treatment on this forum.

Good for you for being different. I think it looks good!

Edit- Take a shot of the whole front (both headlights in the shot) and post up!

question ... what exactly did you do to the side marker to make it orange? is that a new reflector, or did you just tint it orange?

Reason I ask is I'm curious if you are actually legal with a reflector, or if it just looks legal at first glance.

It is tinted orange. If I had more time, I was going to cut a piece of reflector and integrate into it. But as it stands now, it's not as reflective as the stock ones. It should stand up to casual inspection.

I'll try to get more pics later.

It wouldn't pass visual inspection at night however! ;)

I was tempted to put a round reflector sticker somewhere inside also to make things legal when I blacked it out. Even a thin (like 1/2") verical strip properly placed might do the trick. But I'll worry about that if I ever get called out for the reflector.

Very interesting mod! Looks good, too! :)

My "streaks" are painted the same color (metallic black) as the headlight housing. Gives Winky that "bad girl" look, without being too aggressive.

Nice compromise-mod for being enforcement friendly - bravo!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Finally found the time to retrofit new projectors and HID on my LGT! It's the same setup as VXCL, and everything went fairly well. The biggest challenge was to align the projector with the stock bezel which took some time.

The biggest change was the sidemarker, definitly don't like the stock orange reflectors but don't want it completely clear... so here's the compromise:

i was wondering what happened to you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ted just did his as well. so now there is 3 of us. he also has oem DRL functionality like myself. congrats and good work!!!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

IMO, but the headlight would look better if you black out the sides and left that little amber strip...

what projectors did you use?

+1

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Do these cars have a feature that senses a burned out headlight bulb? My last Dodge truck did, and when I did the hid conversion, I constantly had this annoying "lamp out" light on in the gauges. Every time I started it up it would ding as well. I ran my balasts directly off of the battery with the actual headlight plug just powering some relays. How are you guys wiring the power to your balasts? Thanks! I plan on starting my retro (bixenon projectors in the headlights and fog lights) in the next few weeks. I have an 05 outback xt.

Archived