LegacyGT.com

Being checked out

So I get on the freeway on my way to work today. In my rear view mirror, I see a NSX approaching. So I'm checking out the NSX in my mirror. Then I noticed, the guy driving the NSX is checking out my LGT Limited wagon. :cool:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has someone got some figures (specs) for the nsx ?

edit : it's only $89k ;) and that is the starting price , hehehe

can't u get a corvette or something cool with less ?

:rolleyes:

No doubt. But the NSX is no slouch performance-wise, with 1/4 mile times around 13.4.. and anyone who's driven one can tell you that straight line performance, or even handling, isn't what the car is about... it's about the driver's relationship with the car, which the NSX offers in spades more than just about anything else I've ever driven.

can u detail on that ?

i have a special relationship with my car too, and it only costed 9000$ brand new !

I know it sounds cheesy, but the NSX feels more like an extension of the driver than any other I've driven.

The shift linkage is like swiss clockwork, the steering and handling is virtually telepathic. No description can really do it justice, you kinda have to try it yourself, then you'll get it. :)

I wouldn't kick an NSX out of bed for eating crackers. That is one sexy car. Corvettes are a dime a dozen. I rarely see an NSX on the road and it always breaks necks when one drives by. That is what your 90K is buying you. If you want a grocery getter that hauls then get an LGT wagon. If you want a car to attract attention in then get an NSX. It's the short list of cars I would like to own as a show car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

no acura dealers in romania just yet ;) that is why i'm so curious about it .

Heh, watch the video of that turbo NSX I posted, it walks that supra like nobody's business. It's almost like the Supra isn't accelerating at all.

Of course, as supercars go, especially nowadays, the NSX isn't remarkably fast from the factory.. but as I said, that's not really the point of the car.

The interior is, imo, in dire need of an update, too.. it hasn't changed much at all since 1991 or whenever the NSX came out.

Though, according to this car and driver article, we may get a new NSX entirely quite soon:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=29&article_id=7401&page_number=1

Also, 2005 is apparently this iteration's last production year.

P.S.: It'd be known as the Honda NSX in your neck of the woods.

my only question is why would anyone in the right state of mind spend 90K on an acura.

Why would anyone spend 80k for a Dodge? Actually, I've always been a fan of the NSX, from what I've read it's one of the most 'practical' exotics. By that I mean you get the exotic performance (handling, acceleration, driving experience, etc.) but still get Acura reliability and could drive it every day.

i am sure trhat the nsx is a great car, i've only known it by it's reputation.

i just wanted to know what is so great about it .

i'm quite sure that u get attention in a viper or corvette or mustang or charger :)

don't get me wrong i really like the acura but comme on $90k ?

I see Corvettes and Mustangs every single day. Sometimes several Corvettes and always a couple dozen Mustangs. There isn't anything that makes you drop your jaw. They aren't exotic. The NSX is an exotic that you won't see every day. Depeding on where you live you might not even see one every year. You are paying for the performance, reliability, and the fact that not everybody has one. The rich want to be unique too you know. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived