LegacyGT.com

Being checked out

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cause he wished he woulda saved a buttload of money by getting a 30k car that's faster than his Acura.

Depends what you mean by faster. Follow an NSX into the twisty's and you will see taillights in the horizon. One following in the twisty's will be flashing its lights for you to move out the way.

The Legacy GT has good power and decent ride but the handling is not fully up the task of a "fast car".

Wow, talk about going off topic. I thought this was about the gay guy checking him out :lol:

OT for a sec here....

<<--- that is pretty disturbing :lol: (I hate it when I got a good imagination) :D

regarding the NSX...I've ridden and driven my friend's earlier model NSX...

that thing handles like it doesn't have a suspension...like one of those go-carts...pretty nice...and ya...chicks WILL get into your NSX :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Guest *Jedimaster*
OT for a sec here....

<<--- that is pretty disturbing :lol: (I hate it when I got a good imagination) :D

578 posts is disturbing? :confused:

The Legacy GT has good power and decent ride but the handling is not fully up the task of a "fast car".

How about better handling than a WRX sti with better:

Then add sport suspension with the following engine performance mods:

I'm missing a few parts but everything would cost less than $10,000. Lose some weight on the car then have it corner balanced.

I think this $36,000 base 2005 LGT ($26,000 + 10,000) could take a stock NSX or stock M3 on the track.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. An NSX won't do well against a Z06 on the track.

If you ever watch those Best Motoring DVD's the results show otherwise. The Jap NSX's easily hold their own against Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis. VERY impressive.

If you ever watch those Best Motoring DVD's the results show otherwise. The Jap NSX's easily hold their own against Ferraris, Porsches and Lamborghinis. VERY impressive.

Here is the link to the motegi battle:

http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv

As for the Z06, FWIW, NSXs and Z06s run very close at Road America HPDEs. Good drivers in Advanced or Instructor groups usually run low 2:40s or high 2:30s in both cars.

In a straight line, the Z06 is much faster, but it is also a capable handler and a good track car with minor modification to the brakes and suspension.

whenever anyone argues the High price low performance of an NSX I just think about the fact that a Porsche 911 (non turbo) is frankly a pig in comparison...

My dad had a convertable 96 911 it's a nice car to pick up chicks... and it's decent for semi-spirited driving and LOTS of fun to take sideways... BUT handles like CRAP compared to my friends dad's NSX of the same year. It also doesn't have the same stick to your seat acceleration that the NSX had...

I never really liked NSX's till I drove in one. Then I was impressed...

As long as they retain a high resale value then IMO there's nothing wrong with them... You pay 60-80 for a used one have fun with it for a year or two and sell it for 50-80... Not a bad deal IMO.

American "super" cars are lack luster ALL OVER IMO... they may have power but they don't handle like you want them to ... drivablity is sometimes an issue... and reliability is almost ALWAYS an issue.

The more "uber" super cars... well they're priced even higher for not a lot more of an experience. Like I said I've driven a couple "super" cars and of them the NSX was definately the most well rounded and impressive, also it's a honda... and those things last forever and don't have many if ANY problems. Try saying that about a BMW or Porsche much less a ferrari.

The friend of mine's dad who owned the NSX also has had TONS of other collector/super cars... including a 68 (I think) GTO and at least 2 ferrari's that I know of...

The NSX was the ONLY car that cost him NOTHING other than gas to own and it had the lowest price differential between what he paid for it and what he sold it for.

I don't hate NSXs because they're slow or bad performers. I don't even know how they perform. I hate them because one of my neighbors owned one and one day my dog ran into it head first causing a big dent. He sued us for $400. Prick NSX owner and his shittty plastic car or whatever it's made of..

bwaahahaha!!!1 Thanks that cheered me up. I'm in a rotton mood today.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. An NSX won't do well against a Z06 on the track.

:confused::confused::confused:

:lol::lol::lol:

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!, theres a video of best motoring of a nsx type-r outgunning a gallardo and a murcielago in the twisties of a race track, but in the straights, the bulls were closing in, (too much brute strength),

all i can say, the nsx was a much better agile car, almost total grip

I'm not kidding. The Lambos are ridiculously heavy and teh Z06 is a beast on the track (it'll beat the Lambos). The Z06 weighs about the same amount (3200lbs) as an NSX and has 120 more hp and way bigger brakes. Besides, is the type-r even available here?

If the original Z06 isn't enough, wait until next year for the new one (500hp, 3000lbs).

but his NSX is a panty dropper... and our legacy station wagon is... a denture dropper... :(

an NSX is a panty dropper to teenie boppers. Real women could give a damn less about an NSX. To real women, it's just a "fancy sports car." I've never known of any hot car to get WOMEN to drop their pants. I think it's just teenies or young college kids.

Besides, you get some panties droppin' with that "denture dropper" of yours, you'll have room to take the tuna to Tuna-town.:D You can even drive to secluded areas up in hills or mountains, unlike Mr. NSX........He has to drive home.;)

Guest *Jedimaster*
The few that I've seen in person have given me the impression that it's a wannabe Ferrari. Just the look of it. Kind of looks like, well, a Honda.

Archived