LegacyGT.com

Being checked out

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
I'd own an NSX over a Viper or a Corvette any day, but that's just because I'm an import-loving, jap-fanatic.

IBdon'tsayjapit'soffensivewaaahwaaaahmypussyhurts

NSX = Lame excuse for a cool car

that was a stupid remark

the NSX isnt the best car out there but for buck you get a better car then some ferrari onwers out there. It is known that NSX would put some ferrari's to shame besides you get as many looks in a NSX as if you were driving a Ferrari ;).

Guest *Jedimaster*
Scotty, he's checking you out.

He's gay but there's nothing wrong with that.

Like I said, he wants to be his Sugar Daddy :lol:

"Can I drive the NSX today Daddy?" :lol: :ewww:

Perhaps he was looking for an economical daily driver or winter car.

That is what brought this NSX owner to this site.

The rest of the NSX debate makes me laugh.

Few cars are as loved and as hated as the NSX.

If you haven't driven one, you probably won't understand.

Perhaps he was looking for an economical daily driver or winter car.

That is what brought this NSX owner to this site.

The rest of the NSX debate makes me laugh.

Few cars are as loved and as hated as the NSX.

If you haven't driven one, you probably won't understand.

I understand, I've had 2 CRX's and an Integra.

Uh oh, I sense an elitist prat...

I believe that having previously owned two CRXs and an Integra is not a substitute for driving an NSX in terms of the ability to evaluate the merits of an NSX.

Do you disagree?

How many people here have even driven a NSX?

Probably not many, given there are less than 9000 in the US.

The point I was trying to make is that the NSX needs to be experienced to be truly appreciated. It is more than the sum of the specifications found on a piece of paper.

People love to bash it for having a certain amount of horsepower or posting a particular ET in the quarter mile. These are certainly things that can be used to measure a car, but in the case of the NSX you really miss the soul of the car. There are plenty of faster cars and plenty of cheaper cars, but the experience from behind the wheel is like nothing I have encountered since.

I think the offense taken by malfeas99 may have been for an earlier remark, that the NSX driver may have been interested in an economical daily driver or winter car. That was not meant to be an insult.

I don't hate NSXs because they're slow or bad performers. I don't even know how they perform. I hate them because one of my neighbors owned one and one day my dog ran into it head first causing a big dent. He sued us for $400. Prick NSX owner and his shittty plastic car or whatever it's made of..

While the NSX doesn't have as much power as a Viper or a Corevette, it will turn circles around both of those cars especially with the original suspension setting and original tires. Then that class action suit came and ruined the awesome handling because people were bitching about the tires wearing out in under 12,000 miles.

I believe that having previously owned two CRXs and an Integra is not a substitute for driving an NSX in terms of the ability to evaluate the merits of an NSX.

Do you disagree?

No, but I would also say that owning an integra or '99-'00 civic Si or S2000 would give one a good idea of the ideal that the NSX emulates, i.e. the way the car is put together, and emphasizing it's relationship with the driver.

This is not to say the relationships are qualitatively comparable, but they are, at least, tangentially related, imo.

I think I was more put off by your profession of looking for an 'economical daily driver', and that search leading you here. While the Legacy is no doubt a daily driver, I wouldn't call it economical. One might infer that you were impugning the aspects of the Legacy GT as a performance sedan, perhaps. Since you say it was not intended as an insult, I'll take you at your word. :)

Other than that, I agree that the NSX is much more than the sum of it's parts, and must be driven to be even marginally appreciated. Once you've been behind the wheel, you can understand why it's an 'exotic'.

I don't hate NSXs because they're slow or bad performers. I don't even know how they perform. I hate them because one of my neighbors owned one and one day my dog ran into it head first causing a big dent. He sued us for $400. Prick NSX owner and his shittty plastic car or whatever it's made of..

It's made of aluminum and doesn't your town have a leash law? "I hate Subarus because some idiot Subaru owner let his dog run around the neighborhood and it damaged my pristine NSX".

FWIW, I've driven one and it's an impressive car.

While the NSX doesn't have as much power as a Viper or a Corevette, it will turn circles around both of those cars especially with the original suspension setting and original tires. Then that class action suit came and ruined the awesome handling because people were bitching about the tires wearing out in under 12,000 miles.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. An NSX won't do well against a Z06 on the track.

It's made of aluminum and doesn't your town have a leash law? "I hate Subarus because some idiot Subaru owner let his dog run around the neighborhood and it damaged my pristine NSX".

FWIW, I've driven one and it's an impressive car.

i'm pretty sure it was his stupid kid that threw a basketball at his car. My dog can't run fast enough to dent a car side panel... so that means that NSX owner is a prick

Archived