LegacyGT.com

Just passed NJ State inspection stage2.5 fully catless :D

whitetiger

I was contemplating putting the stock DP back in, but i was feeling lazy and said screw it. they passed me with out even a second look. i have EL headders with a catless turbo back exhuast and prodrive cans. the AP takes care of the ECU monitors and cat codes. I thought i would fail a vidual, but they didnt even do a visual.

lucky me :)

Woo, I need more info on that!

So you put the AP Maps to Stock or used your Pro-Tune Maps?

And also, where the hell did you go to get your car to pass?!

LOL

I think I saw your car today in Cliffside Park, correct me if I am wrong.

Woo, I need more info on that!

So you put the AP Maps to Stock or used your Pro-Tune Maps?

And also, where the hell did you go to get your car to pass?!

LOL

I think I saw your car today in Cliffside Park, correct me if I am wrong.

i left the protune maps for stage 2 in.

I just went the the Lodi Inspection station.

I had no front plate on the car either and they still passed me. :lol:

Doesn't it suck if you Fail the inspection?

Won't they do you a more extensive test?

I would have thought Lodi would be the most strict place for an inspection but, that's nice to hear!

WT, did you do anything special before going to inspection? Some people have told me to drive around for a little bit before i go, supposedly it helps with emmission testing? I'm on a stg 2 tune with a catted 2nd section of the OEM DP. If you passed catless I should be fine.

let me know if you have any "tips" though. Thanks.

WT, did you do anything special before going to inspection? Some people have told me to drive around for a little bit before i go, supposedly it helps with emmission testing? I'm on a stg 2 tune with a catted 2nd section of the OEM DP. If you passed catless I should be fine.

let me know if you have any "tips" though. Thanks.

nothing special. just drove there and did it.

^true. the tech in the other bay was doing a visual with a mirror on a stick with other cars, but the tech i got was just zipping cars through. you would think a car with an obviously aftermarket exhaust, lowered to the ground with obviously aftermarklet suspension parts would propt them to do a visual, but they didnt.

go figure.

• 2 months later...

just thought i'd bump and old thread....just passed NJ inspection yesterday @ Rahway DMV (TA Stg 2 Map, gutted OEM pipes, Perrin TMIC).

The one thing I did notice that I hadn't before is they pop the hood and I guess look for after market air filters, etc. (not real sure WHAT they're looking for but so I'm just guessing). I was somewhat nervous since I dont have an engine cover and the perrin is just sitting there but I went through with no problems.

HIDs were also not a problem.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

they didnt do a "sniffer test" as far as i could tell. they just did the obdII connecter test. I bet as long as your ECU monitors are all "ready" and you dont have and obnoxiously loud exhaust, you will pass.

+1

but i prefer to just go to a private place and pay $70 because once you get a fail you are f'd!! plus i'm tinted all around so really have no choice

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

So when you go to a private place, do you tell the guy exactly what you're paying not to fail for or what?

I don't want to go to a guy like "Yo, I'm coming here because my tint is illegal." just to have him say, "Yup, you're right. You fail."

thats awesome!!! I remember how bad Jersey is with inspection when i lived there. Texas is almost as bad but since its handled by private shops I know some people who know some people who stick a passing car on the machine so I get a sticker! not that I need one for the LGT yet but my Honda did

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Doesn't it suck if you Fail the inspection?

Won't they do you a more extensive test?

I would have thought Lodi would be the most strict place for an inspection but, that's nice to hear!

if you fail and go back when its fixed, they just check to make sure whatever you failed for is fixed and then you're good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Until inspection stations get all-wheel rollers we're not going to be tested with the sniffer. So until then, it's all visual and ecu.

I don't think so. Any car with OBD-2 (the past 12 model years or so) just gets the plug-in test of the on board diagnostics. About the only thing that should worry you regarding emissions is to make sure if you have disconnected or replaced the battery recently, make sure you've driven 100 miles between the disconnect date and when you take it in for inspection. The test reads the memory of the diagnostics and you need to build up a little history.

The rollers in the inspection station should never be used on an AWD car. Subaru specifically warns against this and I will never permit my car to be abused by inspection station personnel.

Archived