LegacyGT.com

Great Satallite Radio (sirius) Antenna location

rao

I finally got my Sirius receiver mounted.

Thanks to the Weasel, I mounted my Sirius antenna under the third brake light; there is just enough room on the passenger side. The housing pops right up.

The signal is great, it is not visible and it is not in the way.

I'd recommend this location for anybody who doesn't want the antenna to be visible

:D

Rao, is there a way to gauge the signal strength ?

Weasel, I would like to park alongside you one day and compare satellite signals. MAYBE there is room for improvement (mine being about 20 cm backwards from where you have it)

Weasel, I would like to park alongside you one day and compare satellite signals. MAYBE there is room for improvement (mine being about 20 cm backwards from where you have it)

I drove around with it on the signal strength meter and it was full blast all of the time except when I was headed north east, then it dropped (but there was a strong terrestrial signal there so it might not be because of the placement of the antenna.

The weasel has installed his this way on his new Legacy and has not had any problems.

What about the cuby receiver? Is it done yet?

Done. I did it a differently then I originally planed, especially after I destroyed the other received :eek: . I am using the InV receiver and it fits in the cubby perfectly without any modification ot the cubby or to it. The color isn't ideal, but that's what the cubby door is for :)

Who know anybody cared about this stuff ????

Here are pics of the install itself.

If you can handle this level of quality I do hire myself out for installs, but it isn't cheap :lol:

The trouble with the Legacy, aside from the radio is that the cubby is pretty small.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5861/dsc03940tu3.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6365/dsc03936lq2.jpg

The wires on the side:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1103/dsc03937wr7.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9740/dsc03939gx4.jpg

Standing next to me and comparing anything will be a disappointment for all parties involved. I am a man of proportion.

I'm not current'y running Sirius/XM in my car, just GPS. I've been in the process of installing Sirius in the wife's LGT for the last two months. Projects that make other people's cars go fast keep getting in the way. Her antenna will go exactly where Rao pictured, which is where my GPS antenna resides as well.

ignore him, he'll go away.

brilliant solution for antenna placement. I am impressed!

It doesnt kill the signal unlike putting it under the trunk lid and still is completely stealth.

:cool:

That's just because it wasn't my idea :lol:

The weasel knows his stuff and when he mentioned it I decided to check it out. When I set it up to test it worked in the driveway so I permanently installed it using that location.

I tested it in the truck, in the headliner and on the rear deck. The deck was just as good as this location, but it didn't look good.

until you put a sirius sticker on the rear 3/4 window :lol

Won't fit, that's where the Honda kill tally sticker is. And don't even think about suggesting the rear window, Rao already has huge Kicker and NOS stickers back there.

Dam good idea, leave it to the custom Home Audio guy to figure it out.

Moving mine from the trunk to there tomorrow.

Thanks

Ha, no worries, I know your's will be properly zip tied every 6"....:)

AND you used a cubbypod ;)

rao that receiver is huge compared to these!

http://www.casopolis.com/products/CP1.htm

That's because that model comes in two pieces that includes a business end that also has to be concealed. Not to mention its nolonger made and has fewer features than the current generations. But alas, it does make for a clean install.

The third brake light is great until you tint your windows like I did. Then the signal was shot.

Windows tinted in both our cars, sat radio and GPS reception unaffected in both cases.

Standing next to me and comparing anything will be a disappointment for all parties involved. I am a man of proportion.

I sure don't wanna know why in the world you and Bosco compared each other's over the week-end. As far as I am concerned, the length and height and girth do not necessarily correlate.

Archived