LegacyGT.com

Great Satallite Radio (sirius) Antenna location

rao

I put mine at the base of the passenger side A-pillar. Right next to the temp sensor. Barely noticeable, and it gets great reception, and I don't have to snake any wires to the rear of the car. Win-win situation IMO.

I'll snap pictures tomorrow if anyone's interested.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but:

Rao> or any others with the under brake light antenna install, where does the antenna wire run from the brake light to the front?

Zmarko> Same question, on the dash next to the temperature pod, the antenna wire is routed how?

Finally, for those like me who got stuck with the newer dock radios (ex starmate 4) and therefore cant fit in the cubby with the door able to close, any tips for a stealth install? The starmate 4 and dock wedges nicely in the cubby with the door open but there is no way to close it. Also, how did you guys run power and aux in cables?

Sorry to bump an old thread but:

Rao> or any others with the under brake light antenna install, where does the antenna wire run from the brake light to the front?

Finally, for those like me who got stuck with the newer dock radios (ex starmate 4) and therefore cant fit in the cubby with the door able to close, any tips for a stealth install? The starmate 4 and dock wedges nicely in the cubby with the door open but there is no way to close it. Also, how did you guys run power and aux in cables?

When you remove the thrid brake light assembly (unclip it from the deck lid) there;s a hole you can fish the antenna lead through into the trunk. I ziptied the wire across the trunk torsion bars and then behind the wheel well liner, past the rear seat and under the side of the carpet underneath the plastic trim. Its a very straight forward trunk path.

There are many switched power points near the cubby location: radio, cig lighter, map light in cubby if you've got an 05.

Aux in: you'll need an FM modulator or better yet, search for the Jazzy aux-in board. It runs about $50.

ignore him, he'll go away.

actually I have an 08 so I have an aux in at the armrest, so no need for teh jazzy, but I guess I have to put a hole in the back of the cubby and the bottom of the armrest console in order to run the cable. No map light in the cubby either.

I may be clueless here also, but I am still having a hard time finding an easy way to get the wire from the trunk under the back seats and under the carpet to the center console area. How did you fish this through there?

• 4 months later...
Here are pics of the install itself.

If you can handle this level of quality I do hire myself out for installs, but it isn't cheap :lol:

The trouble with the Legacy, aside from the radio is that the cubby is pretty small.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5861/dsc03940tu3.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6365/dsc03936lq2.jpg

The wires on the side:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1103/dsc03937wr7.jpg

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9740/dsc03939gx4.jpg

I have sirius as well. i had the starmate 2 (i think...it was back lit blue) and wanted to change the led's to red to match the rest of the car but i just never got around to it (could of though) but i happen to go to best buy and saw the NEW sportster5 which has ALOT of different color possibilities (ie...red buttons with white display).

I thought that all the sirius units had the same docking station but how did you get yours in that little cuby???. I had my antenna posted up on the top of my 3rd brake light and my reception SUCKED! I have hella dark windows though so that is why. I finally just put it in the corner up front where the passenger a pillar meets the window. Yes you can see it but it isnt too very noticable. I will post up some pictures later.

I thought that all the sirius units had the same docking station but how did you get yours in that little cuby???.

The sirius radio pictured has no docking station so it slides right in.

ignore him, he'll go away.

All of the new Sirius radios use docking stations. I bought the sportster 5 and installed it where the cubby is. But I don't like the flat panel I used around the radio. It just doesn't look stock enough for me.

Roa's install has convinced me to trade my sportster5 for my wife's sportster2, which should fit in the cubby with the door closed.

Also, I tried by antenna on the rear deck beside the third brake light and got horrible reception. No tinting. It's on the rear deck lid now, and I still never get full reception.

Archived