LegacyGT.com

Tokico HTS shocks are in stock.

Mach V Dan

After not having these for a long time, they are back in stock.

Tokico HTS are what I use on our own Mach V Legacy, and I think they're great.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

shit is that price really $650? How many sets will you have, and if you run out will you restock them at that price?

shit is that price really $650? How many sets will you have...

We have several in stock now.

...and if you run out will you restock them at that price?

That's the plan, but nothing in life is certain, among them Tokico availability. :redface:

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Quick question...what's the advantage of getting these vs. getting coilovers? I am thinking about both, since I have iONs and I don't know if the stock struts are going to last that much longer. Between getting some entry to mid range coilovers and selling my iONs, the Tokico price will end up being around the same going either route.

There are a couple of benefits to getting a normal-style shock instead of a coilover. One is that it can work with full ride-height springs, or with mild lowering springs. Many coilovers are very low even at max ride height.

Another benefit is that the price is significantly lower than a set of coilovers.

Finally, although not all coilovers have this problem, SOME sets can be noisy, with clunking and squeaking noises that a traditional shock/spring setup won't have.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Quick question...what's the advantage of getting these vs. getting coilovers? I am thinking about both, since I have iONs and I don't know if the stock struts are going to last that much longer.

There are a couple of benefits to getting a normal-style shock instead of a coilover. One is that it can work with full ride-height springs, or with mild lowering springs. Many coilovers are very low even at max ride height.

Another benefit is that the price is significantly lower than a set of coilovers.

Finally, although not all coilovers have this problem, SOME sets can be noisy, with clunking and squeaking noises that a traditional shock/spring setup won't have.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Cool thanks. I hear you on the clunking/squeaking noises...I have heard that on other cars for sure.

Clunking on coilovers are usually due to inadequate/not enough preload. The springs are jumping around. Easy fixable. The squeaking noises are usually from the collars not being tight enough. Again, easily fixable.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

These still require jdm tophats correct? Do the tophats raise the car?

No, they don't require the JDM hats. You can either use the stock LGT top hats (and then the top nut won't fully engage the shock shaft, but that's what we did on our car), or you can install USDM Spec B top hats, which will increase the ride height a little. It's up to you.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

And we have a 2.5i LOB, the lost child of the aftermarket. Let me know if anyone tries it.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 6 months later...

Just to clarify from all the reading I have been doing:

Tokico HTS

Spec B Top hats

Cobb Springs

Cobb is listed 1.75 F, 1.0 R. With Spec B top hats the front will be up .5 more so in theory I should be sitting 1.25 F, 1.0 R,.... Is this correct logic?

Locking to lower a bit, stiffen up the ride and still leave room for 18's down the road. Are the Cobbs to soft for the HTS's or would something else work better? Forgive me if this has been answered already, my head is spinning with all the different options.

Thanks, Shawn

Hey first post :lol:

Crap, is the d-spec the fix? Just found them....

Archived