LegacyGT.com

Lots of subaru's

Over the past week, i have been in Vermont (killington, stratton and okemo) on a ski and snowboard trip and i have literally seen 15 LGT's, 5 STI's and about 10 non GT's. Now, i live in central VA where a sighting of a stock GT is very rare( 1-2 a month) But, here the majority of the lgt's and sti's have mods like wheels, springs, exhaust and grill's. So, needless to say i have been amazed with how much more popular the subaru brand is here up north. And to top it off, we have had off and on snow and i didnt drive my gt, i drove my 06 cummins diesel 3500 ram for the added room of the mega cab but, all this snow and other subaru's makes me wish i had driven the gt :)

cheers to the huge subaru community!!

Over the past week, i have been in Vermont (killington, stratton and okemo) on a ski and snowboard trip and i have literally seen 15 LGT's, 5 STI's and about 10 non GT's. Now, i live in central VA where a sighting of a stock GT is very rare( 1-2 a month) But, here the majority of the lgt's and sti's have mods like wheels, springs, exhaust and grill's. So, needless to say i have been amazed with how much more popular the subaru brand is here up north. And to top it off, we have had off and on snow and i didnt drive my gt, i drove my 06 cummins diesel 3500 ram for the added room of the mega cab but, all this snow and other subaru's makes me wish i had driven the gt :)

Lived in VT for 12 years. By far, the Subaru brand in VT is the most popular. It's amazing how many Subaru's are in VT.

Where I live, Subaru is probably 30 - 40% of what you see on the road. Not so many LGT's(only about a dozen that I am aware of) but plenty of OB, Legacy, OBXT, STI, Foresters...it's a very subaru town. It's what you drive when you can't afford the repairs on an audi.

Big ol trucks and SUV's don't stand a chance against the suby in the snow. So far this year I have only seen two trucks in the ditch (Tundra & F250) but winter is just beginning. Not that I like to wish anything bad on anyone but every time you see flares on the road to Mt. Bachelor you just know someone lost it in there SUV long before you see the wreck.

Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and upstate NY ski country, Ithaca and the surrounding national parks are all Subaru mad :D, lots and lots of previous and older model Legacy's, insane number of Outbacks and many Bugeyes.

Pretty popular here in Central PA as well. My roomates keep teasing me because several times now we have seen an old woman driving a red GT like mine....but its not a Limited. :icon_cool :icon_cool :icon_cool

Mr. Limited. :lol:

Heck, any college town in Montana is where old Subies come to retire! It's like a Subaru museum in motion. Even our abandoned vehicles are Subies. They had to haul two out of an empty city lot before beginning construction on the new Walgreen's. We had a couple towed before remodeling an office building. They were just parked in the lot all summer. Although, one had a dog dish, so maybe someone was living in that one?

Subarus have always sold well in the states/provinces with lots of bad weather in the winter and/or ski areas. I've skiied just about everywhere you can in North America and there are always lots of Subies around. :icon_wink

Tons of them here in MA, too. In the front parking lot of the building where I work there's a WRX, and a totally modded STI. And my LGT now. :) That's just on my side of the building - there's a bigger parking lot in back I should check.

-Coelli

Pretty popular here in Central PA as well. My roomates keep teasing me because several times now we have seen an old woman driving a red GT like mine....but its not a Limited. :icon_cool :icon_cool :icon_cool

Also popular around West Chester/Philly suburbs. Except for the Outback Sedan, I've seen maybe 2 of them not including my parent's car. Forresters and Outback Wagons are very common, but 05+ LGTs are still rare.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

There is one less subaru in VT.... small statistic difference, although I think I got the nicest one in the state, second perhaps only to the WRB WRX STI that was being sold at the same time I bought the Legacy.

And one more subaru in Iowa. A slightly bigger difference. :D I probably have one of about, say, 12 of the Legacy GTs in Iowa. Lots of Outbacks, and Foresters, though.

And yes, there were subarus as far as the eye could see in Burlington, when we were there to pick up ours!

Heck, Subastyle still has one left, and he'll probably be in line for a new WRX or STI when it shows up. :D

They're all over the place here. Their ads used to claim "the official car of New England driving."

Lots of parking lots look like Subaru conventions, but mine is a lonely one at work, though. Just a couple of imports there and I've got the only Subaru. Lots of 4WD, but it just ain't AWD.

And one more subaru in Iowa. A slightly bigger difference. :D I probably have one of about, say, 12 of the Legacy GTs in Iowa. Lots of Outbacks, and Foresters, though.

I've seen 1 Legacy (NON GT) here in Marshalltown; and then my GT. There is also a WRB STi that lives 2 houses down - not a since guy though, no subie love. Couldn't believe it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived