LegacyGT.com

NH/Mass. area - Hello flooding!

Beanboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have a 7 year old house which now has rain damage. We have a finished 3rd floor which has an East facing window. I noticed the window sil was starting to rott out a couple years ago (I have a couple other sils and casings that are doing the same - don't think they were back primed :icon_mad: ). Just this past Monday I spoke to a contractor I know to have him take a look at replacing the rotted sils and casings...wish I had done it sooner.:(

Well, yesterday morning I lay down on my living room couch and see a good 5' long water stain running along a floor joist on the 2nd floor. The wierd thing was that it was 4' in from the east wall (running parallel to the wall). No plumbing on that end of the house and with the storm from the East, I know it's from the rain, but where? I walk outside and remember the sil that was showing some rot and go up to the 3rd floor, but how is it going from there, past the 2nd floor and 4' in on the 1st floor??? Sure enough, the rot was worse and figured it was the only place the water could come from. I patched it last night and the stain is dry this morning. I would love to see the path that water took through the walls since there is no visible water damage on the second floor walls or ceiling.

Soffits and fascias are fine. Windows do need to be recaulked. Wife won't let me do it as I need to rent a 40' ladder. I put gutters on the back of the house a couple years ago and she was scared the whole time. She thought for sure I'd fall. Gotta say, 40' is pretty damn high when you're on a ladder looking down. Yes, house is pretty big (3,300 sq ft). The contractor I spoke to will also recaulk and repaint all sils and casings. He has his own 40' ladder.

7.5" of rain in Boston so far, 3.6" yesterday, something over 3" today.

Salem MA has received over 11".

Worst thing was I left Boston Weds in 46 degree raint to fly to Minneapolis. Where within a day it was 42 degree rain. Left Minneapolis Friday in 46 degree rain to come back to - 46 degree rain.....

Chance of thunderstorms tonight, 30-40% chance of showers through next Friday.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Well, looks like the wife and I will be home with the kids tomorrow. Been watching WMUR and of the 3 ways we can take from our house, 2 are closed and the third is currently only open to emergency vehicles. We actually work in Exeter (a 3 mile commute is sweet), but we can't get more than a mile from our house in 2 of the directions and in the third, I can't figure out a way to get to work. I've been on Mapquest for the past 30 minutes, going between there and WMUR's web site to see what roads are closed in area towns. I have yet to figure out a way to get to work. We're in the "jackpot" area here in Exeter and are currently at 9" of rain and another 2" expected overnight. Oh well, guess I'll just watch the water stain on my living room ceiling and pond in my side yard get bigger and bigger.

she has canoes :icon_lol:

naw im kidding... the town i live in, goffstown nh, the "village" is currently underwater... went there for breakfast this morning and it was high... but now there is water flowing over the main streets in the center of town.

im lucky, i live on high ground, but i dunno about work tommorow... the town is completly shut down right now... no cars other than emergency vehicles allowed... parts of town have manidtory evacuations, its nuts... absoloutly crazy.

oh well.. best of luck, stay dry, and keep those pumps working!

Where is she? Taylor, Drakes, Hampton or Old River? I live less than 1/4 mile from Exeter River and about 1/2 mile from Little River. Both are flooded and I'm sandwiched between them.

Where is she? Taylor, Drakes, Hampton or Old River? I live less than 1/4 mile from Exeter River and about 1/2 mile from Little River. Both are flooded and I'm sandwiched between them.
She is in Hampton.

Denial is your best friend

I have a two friends that live in goffstown on lynchville rd.

One lives on top off the hill and his house is ok. The other lives at the bottom. His house is about to be consumed by the river about a mile away from there. Shitty!! I feel bad for the peoeple who live farther down the road the are completely underwater down there

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

Archived