LegacyGT.com

NH/Mass. area - Hello flooding!

Beanboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My street was closed, but I had to get out. I went to Boston from Concord, NH yesterday and today.

Had to have her flatbedded AFTER 3 WEEKS OF OWNERSHIP. I think/ hope she is just waterlogged. No CEL, so the dealership was stumped. 4 mechanics looking at a laptop screen with a dumbfounded looks on their faces.

I'm not happy.

Andy, I'm 20 min from Portsmouth and have heard nothing bad from the Portsmouth area. Route 1 in York, ME was flooded at Spruce Creek, but the Piscataqua River that goes right through Portsmouth has had no reported flooding. I was actually in Portsmouth right down by the river on Bow St. at 1:00 (high tide) on Sunday and there was no flooding at all. If you are coming up to Portsmouth like you said, you should be fine.

Our friends were evacuated from Newmarket today and called around for hotel rooms. They checked Portsmouth and there were rooms available. They're actually here tonight because I told my friend to stop calling for a good room rate and just come over to my house. He didn't want to impose. They brought over beef brisket and ribs and we called it a deal.

NHLeg thanks for the shot of South Street. My wife's old Aparment building looks quite wet (adjacent to Red Truck at 2 South Street you took photo down Franklin from Exeter Garage). It too bad none near my old house up at 30 South Street. Yikes!

thanks, at least i won't be displacing the new Hampshire "refugees"

stay safe and dry!

Andy, I'm 20 min from Portsmouth and have heard nothing bad from the Portsmouth area. Route 1 in York, ME was flooded at Spruce Creek, but the Piscataqua River that goes right through Portsmouth has had no reported flooding. I was actually in Portsmouth right down by the river on Bow St. at 1:00 (high tide) on Sunday and there was no flooding at all. If you are coming up to Portsmouth like you said, you should be fine.

Our friends were evacuated from Newmarket today and called around for hotel rooms. They checked Portsmouth and there were rooms available. They're actually here tonight because I told my friend to stop calling for a good room rate and just come over to my house. He didn't want to impose. They brought over beef brisket and ribs and we called it a deal.

UPDATE I feel a lot better.

It's not the car. Oh, am I happy.

It's the gas. The station actually had their tank drained yesterday. Based on a time check, I probably got the last tank before they shut it down. It was water from all of the rain.

Now, the dealership told me to add drygas and run it out. They said that they can't siphon it, as there is no place to put the bad gas.

I wish I could just siphon it and go, but I'll try drygas and see what happens.

The chap at the Gas station has been great. He is filing a report w/ Cumberland Famrs HQ to get the tank of gas replaced for me.

I just love happy endings.

M

good luck with that... i think it'd be safer to syphon the gas out, but at least you got it checked out. that should take away any fault on your end should something happen, right?

still coming down hard here in central mass too...

i saw that image on the news... didn't know it was a legacy until now. that massive esuvee kinda distracts you. if that was my car, i'd start it up and drive it to dry land.

sorry to all those dealing with the flooding.

My mom got evacuated from her place in Andover, MA Monday. Word is she may have 8" to 24" of water inside and power won't be turned on for as much as 10 days. A big fat mess.....

Drove over the Merrimack bridge on Route 93 in Methuen this morning and most of the houses in that stretch of river no longer have a back yard. Highest I've ever seen it.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I wish everyone involved with this mess the best of luck & insurance! :) I have been in bad flooding before, and I feel for ya! Connecticut has minor flooding now, but not near as bad. I'm so tired of it raining, and my grass is up to my knees now! Do they make an underwater lawn mower? :lol:
"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Well, im pissed

I have worked my ass off all week to save up for the AP im supposed to buy from TDC, only to find out because of flooding TDC is closed all week.

TDC,

hope all is well.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

didn't scroll down far enough previously...

i was supposed to be at the wbm, but instead, i found myself here... (sorry, as it is slightly depressing):

Brian (with the tatts and boots) is my brother...

Arrived fri night after being rerouted at the ma pike (methanol truck rolled) >=(

and didn't see the place til sat morning. whata shitshow! we cut, ripped, shoveled, swept, vacd and bleached everywhere!

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=2dc373be-2e33-45dc-9f2d-e028eff9497d&f=00&fg=copy

the place is in haverhill across by the groveland bridge.

bully - wish you were in haverhill, they had one rookie officer parked at the end of my brother's street, and all f'n day people just driving back and forth soaking up the devistation, like the friggin circus was in town...i wanted to start flinging shit at the ooglers driving by. good luck to everyone affected...

Had to have her ('05 OBXT) flatbedded AFTER 3 WEEKS OF OWNERSHIP. I think/ hope she is just waterlogged. No CEL, so the dealership was stumped. 4 mechanics looking at a laptop screen with a dumbfounded looks on their faces.

I'm not happy.

Just to update- It took two cans of dry gas, the running out of that tank (which was a chore) and the resetting of the ECM (I pulled the fuse), the car runs like a top now!

This is not my main point though. I need to share my experience with Cumberland Farms:

I called the manager of the store, told him what had happened. He APOLOGIZED (in this day in age, that is remarkable), and gave me to corporate. My first thought was that the great run around was coming.

Nope. All I got was an apology, and a "please let us know how much we owe you". I have AAA and the new car warranty, so all I was looking for was a check for the gas and the two cans of dry gas.

Yesterday I got- ready for this- an apology letter AND check for the gas and dry gas AND $15.00 worth of gift certificates AND a coupon for a free 1/2 gallon of ice cream.

They made good on their mistake. Remarkable. Just thought I'd share that there is at least one company that understands customer service.

They just kept a customer.

M

Archived