LegacyGT.com

light mount questions

Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I am looking to mount 2 to 4 lights on my Legacy, I will be using rigid industries SR-Q2's. I work up the mountain in Utah, and dealing with deer, rock fall, snow squalls and moose with just basic lighting it can be somewhat tense coming down at night.

I am looking to mount the lights either one of two ways. The first is the more expensive, I have worked with primitive enterprises before and I am considering his skidplate and lightbar combo. The second is a touch less pricey although more labor intensive, mounting two lights behind the grill and two at the fog light holes. Both have merits the biggest negative with the skidplate and bar combo is theft of the lights, I work at a ski resort and theft although not rampant, it can happen. Before you say it I am not one to buy cheap walmart lights, I don't' skimp on my safety. The option of behind the grill is less expensive I just have no way to know if it will allow the lights to work appropriately.

I am looking forward to hearing your experiences and any ideas or suggestions that you have thank you for your help.

I suppose this depends on whether or not you have an Outback, but I replaced the stock fog lights on my car with a set of PIAA 520 ATP driving lights, using Narva RangePower +50 bulbs, and they are incredibly bright and produce significantly more output than the stock headlights.

http://i.imgur.com/hB6TyDo.gif

JDM projectors w/HIDS is a good place to start! :D

Sorry I can't help with the light mount question. But I drive down Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon all the time at night and can see great now. You can ground the headlights so the highs stay on at the same time as the HIDs.

A very nice alternative for you to check out is an led light bar used for offroad rigs, forget the name brand- 600$ is pricy- but I've heard good things. And seen in person a 3ft led light bar that would blind you at noon. Knockoffs on eBay run abt 2-300$

I was going to put it behind my grill, or by the license plate below...

If you go behind the grill I would recommend chopping yours up and doing DIY mesh grill . You'll get better light displacement Forsure

http://item.mobileweb.ebhttp://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271227288480ay.com/viewitem?itemId=271227288480

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the responses, since I am mechanically inept (aka bad at fabrication) so I am reaching into my pocket on this venture. I have decided to go with the Primitive Enterprises option, at least I know I can take the stock skidplate off and replace it with the new one. (I have done that before). Pics to follow as the work is completed.

Archived