LegacyGT.com

annoying 'feature' on these boards --

Why can't regular users update the thread title? It appears that only moderators / admins have the power to do this.

really sucks if you misspell something or need to change the thread title for whatever reason.

Is this a feature in the VBulliten software that can be turned on - or are we stuck with it like this?

(assuming that tide hasn't turned this off for a reason? :confused: )

You can change until someone views or posts to it. It keeps people from playing games. If you need something changed, PM me and I will do it for you. It's not a big deal. Same thing for adding a poll to a thread.

It's not an option to give members the ability to edit the title. That is a moderator permission and it can't be given unless you have that. Perhaps it is different for VBadvanced, but this is the way the thread/posting permissions section looks for 3.0.3.

http://tinypic.com/adnog3.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's not an option to give members the ability to edit the title. That is a moderator permission and it can't be given unless you have that. Perhaps it is different for VBadvanced, but this is the way the thread/posting permissions section looks for 3.0.3.

http://tinypic.com/adnog3.jpg

Dude- check your Admin CP- it's in there as an option.

BigT

From the bar across the top of your page select

User CP, then Edit Options, Messaging & Notification, and Default Thread Subscription Mode. That should do it, not really off topic 'annoying 'feature' on these boards.

Dude- check your Admin CP- it's in there as an option.

I have checked and I can't find it anywhere. You are saying there is an option to allow members to change the title of the thread? Where is it at?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived