LegacyGT.com

MONROE Part # 71612, Fits all models?

I need to buy a strut for the 1996 LGT I have but everywhere I've called and from looking at Rock Auto, the struts are model specific. I did a P/N search for that Monroe strut and found a listing on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261144149396&item=261144149396&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

According to the fitment guide, this strut will work on the LGT and the Brighton models. What am I missing?

96 - 99 the lego L, brighton, GT and LSi all use the same struts.

the outbacks use taller struts, but they will also bolt on to the other cars i just mentioned with no issues, giving you a ''lift''.

the shorter struts for the L will also bolt on to the outback, but then the outback tires will rub.

I see. So if someone buys that strut in the Ebay listing for the Outback or Brighton, they'll find it to be a different length then the stock struts? Oh well, at least it is right for what I need and a whole $17 cheaper than the one on Rock Auto, shipped.

oh lord

I can see where I got confused, apparently none of you did. So, the Outback has the different strut but all the others are the same. I can't think of why they are listed as different in Rock Auto and apparently all other catalogs.

I mentioned the Outback twice, all anyone of you needed to say was the Outback was the only one that was different. My statement wasn't wholly true or false and since your replies lead me to think the whole statement was false, it only served to confuse me more.

I don't seem the be the only one confused, SENSEN Part # 42140709 is listed to fit: Front Right; 4-Wheel ABS; L Model; LS Model; Outback. Unless there is some reason the Outback strut is the same as the others but only in ABS options. Certainly it would fit, but lift the car up and that probably wouldn't make a happy customer unless that is what they were looking to do.

If you go on Monroe's website, they have an extremely specific search system that will show you exactly what part number will fit and where. All struts for L, LSi, Postal, Brighton, and GT models are one exact same strut. Outbacks, have a taller strut. Monroe, KYB, and OEM Subaru all have the same part number across the line. One number is for the non-OB models, and the other is for OB models.

Monroe struts for your car:

Front/Left - 71444

Front/Right - 71443

Rear/Left - 71613

Rear/Right - 71612

if you happened to be searching for a 95 outback strut, that would be the same as the L, brighton, GT etc.

the 95 outback had the same struts, as the L, just a slightly different look, paint and trim.

no lift on the 95 outback.

Archived