LegacyGT.com

Car won't enter Test Mode

PtPixel

Car: 2008 Legacy GT Spec-B NZ new (RHD)

Laptop: Windows 7 64bit (ECUflash, romraider and learning view all set up to go)

So yesterday I received my Tactrix. When I first found the green test connectors in my car they were already connected...? (I'm pretty certain). I've only had the car for 5,000km so it must have been the dealer or previous owner but I haven't had any issues with driving the car so I don't know if that was problem.

After a few tries I managed to get my car into test mode (with the fans cycling) and I read and saved the stock ROM - which I've been able to pull up on the romraider ECU editor. Since I've done that I haven't been able to get the car into test mode again. Whether or not the green test mode connectors are connected there is no difference in the car when it turns to ON - no fan cycling and no blinking CEL.

I've tried disconnecting the battery and pumping the brakes to reset the ECU - no luck.

I recently installed the vent boost gauge which draws power from the IGN 2 fuse, so I disconnected the fuse holder and put the original fuse back in place - no change.

I've read somewhere that there may be a second set of test connectors on the drivers side? I can't see anything that resembles them though.

Also with the tactrix plugged in I don't see any "Port" connection in my devices manager, although I do see "Vehicle PassThru Interface" which has the tactrix 2.0 device. I suspect this is because without test mode on my laptop will only recognise the tactrix and not the vehicle ECU, hence no COM port showing.

With the tactrix connected to the car I can't use romraider logger or learning view as I can't select any COM port and ECUflash says "no vehicle interface".

Can anyone help me here? Running out of ideas other than to take it to the dealer...

He's in Christchurch so a bit of a drive (and car ferry!) from you :)

Also with the tactrix plugged in I don't see any "Port" connection in my devices manager, although I do see "Vehicle PassThru Interface" which has the tactrix 2.0 device.

This is normal. Run learning view and click connect (no com port needed to be selected) and no need for connecting green test leads (which on JDM should be near right foot of front passenger under carpet) for RR logger either. Green leads only for reading/writing rom with ecuflash

Assume you installed *latest* ecuflash which should update latest drivers and (when I ran - I think - ecuflash) it also updated firmware on tactrix connector

Yeah it's a bit far to drive I think!

Oh sweet, that's a relief. Still an issue not getting into test mode though... Won't be able to get a tune until I can figure it out, got a bit of time before that though

In business! Car still doesn't enter test mode correctly... but I updated my version of ECUflash to the latest, was using the older version, and learning view now connects. Cheers for the help guys

Archived