LegacyGT.com

What clutch to use? (Not brand)

ResidentRedneck

Not one with a working 5-speed transmission.

You seem pretty confident in your build so I will butt-out. Let us know how it is going.

Def right on this one a stock 5MT can't handle those numbers for long.

450 to the wheels :eek: youll need several thousands of dollars worth of engine stuff :lol: meth, fueling, turbo or SC, tuning, cooling, induction, exhaust, oiling, porting, polishing, diffs, axles, brakes, mounts, telemetry then youll need a beefy clutch pack something that will handle 550-600hp from the crank.

Whatever you have planned with those numbers in mind it going to be big.

Lol everyone thinks you need 50k to build a fast car. Here's the list of what I can think of right now

Built bottom, rebuilt heads with a valve job and custom grind cam, head studs, custom fuel system with some big o'l injectors, and lots of air. I have 2 different ways of getting air into the engine, and i haven't decided which one I'm going to use.

As for the other things, most well be built custom. Oil lines will be stainless braided built by me, exhaust fabbed by me, intake by me, full lgt brake conversion, already have full Megan mounts, and I plan on getting an appropriate clutch.

As of last night I have another 5mt I picked up for free and I'm gonna be rebuilding it myself with straight cut gears, and maybe a custom trans girdle to keep it from flexing.

It's amazing how much money you save making things your self, and building your car yourself.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing he learned that a NA Subaru is not a NA Honda D or B series.

We had our D16Z6 pushing 586whp with a stock crank.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How is the 450HP, normally aspirated, non-turbo 5 speed project going ? :lol:

Remember when you asked if he was going to be NA, and he replied "Not at all".. Then remember when there were a few posts following that where it was real apparent he was planning on supercharging it...

Remember when you asked if he was going to be NA, and he replied "Not at all".. Then remember when there were a few posts following that where it was real apparent he was planning on supercharging it...

Yeah, I remember. :confused:

So how's that working out...?

Think about it. That's a lot of fab work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It's going alright. And yes, it will be roots blown. Im trying to find another daily so I can pull the motor on this and finish building it. Also, my supercharger is getting rebuilt and ported. I also need another hood, because this things gonna stick up lol. All in all, its going great and yes, ALL of it is custom, but its not that hard. Im tacking it all together with my little HF mig, and having my buddy tig it. Should be done before next summer :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Archived