LegacyGT.com

Tuning Newbie

Shaunsportmaster

So it has been about 5 years since I have been on here, as well as since I made the only upgrades to my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan Auto. I have been enjoying the extra power and MPG, without any effect to reliability, from the additions of Stage 1 maps from Cobb Accessport, as well as a K&N drop in air filter. I am now approaching 70K miles, and I am thinking of maybe adding a little bit more power or MPG, without decreasing the reliability.

I have been reading a lot about the Infamous maps, and I hear a lot of good things about them on here. Is this something I should consider?

Is there anything else that anyone could recommend for someone that has little to no experience tuning cars?

Thanks for any help!

what are you planning for mods? Opensource tune or Accessport? There are a varriety of options and the best advice i can give you is contact some tuners and talk to them and see who u feel comfortable with. If you are going to use an accessport I would highly recommend Brentuning. He is on the east coast but his work and results speak for themselves. He does etunes via the accessport so location is not a problem.

I did basic boltons, BPd tmic and perrin ELH, Cobb AP protuned via STi Mikey from Phatbotti, 19.1 psi on stock fueling and turbo on dyno, after a few revisions and datalogging, max boost is 18.5psi and when im not on it, im getting 24-25 mpg daily but when im on it, thats another story. Cant go wrong with infamous or bren! I got lucky and Mikey flew in to Chicago to tune a handful of our Subies and cant be any happier with my decision! GL and keep us posted! ELH is the best mod ever lol

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

If you plan on staying stage 1 a custom map is not going to give you much more power,

MPG or reliability. I suggest getting a down pipe and a stage 2 tune from Infamous or any other reputable tuner.. Nice bump in power, with the same reliability and MPG you have today.

Thanks so much for the advise everyone. I think I really like the idea of going stage 2 with the down pipe.

Is there any reason to need the full catback instead of just the down pipe for stage two?

Also, is Infamous tune that much better than the one included with Cobb Accessport?

And lastly, does anyone recommend any specific down pipes?

Again, the top thing I am keeping in mind is reliability! Thanks so much again for all the help!

A custom tune will net results catered to how your specific car reacts to the mods on it which is always safer than a OTS map.

It sounds like your doing your research and that's a good thing.

I offer eTunes via the ap v2 and open source as well but always choose your tuner based on details that work for you. The good thing is you have a couple options on this forum and plenty of people that can help answer any other questions moving forward.

Let me know if you have any other questions and if I can help in any way.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks so much again for the help everyone! I will probably contact CTP or Infamous in about a month or so to upgrade the maps when I am installing the down pipe!

I think I definitely like the Invidia DP! After reading some reviews on it, it looks like most people recommend it. Does anyone recommend anywhere specific to buy parts? I couldn't find this one specifically on amazon, but it looks like I may have found it for a decent price on rallysportdirect. Does this look correct?

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-HS08SW1DPN-Downpipe-Divorced-Wastegate

Thanks so much again! I never have been the best with car tech, so each and every comment has helped tremendously. :)

Archived