LegacyGT.com

07 LGT 5MT Going Stage 2 - Looking for Upgrade Path Help

Hey all - long time lurker, can't even begin to put in to words how much I've learned through this forum.

Sorry if this is long as hell...

I've had my 07 LGT 5MT for going on 2 years now. I've decided that it's a keeper so it's time to actually have some fun with it.

Car is at 80k bone stock never modified, Looking to go Stage 2:

What i'm sure about:

Open source base tune from Infamous (or anyone know where I can find a safe base map free edition until I can get it in to a tuner)?

CNT Catted DP

Factory CBE

Considering:

Grimmspeed cross pipe -OR-

Invidia Up-pipe

I realize that my 07 is already catless Up pipe, just wondering what would give me better results of the two? Would I expect to see much from swapping the up pipe?

I do not plan on upgrading the CBE at this time, doesn't seem entirely necessary now and I'd like to keep it somewhat quiet. I do plan on upgrading the FMIC at a later time, but I need to throw some cash at suspension bushings for now so it will have to wait.

This leads me to another question; will my stock FMIC and BPV be able to handle this (my assumption is stage 2 will put me at 16-17)? Anyone have a similar set up?

Thanks in advance.

I'd leave the stock uppipe in there. Already catless so I wouldn't waste the money replacing it.

The stock TMIC should hold 16 psi I would think but once you go a bit higher over time it will start to split it seems. You can get the "Bullet Proof" kit to prevent the end tanks from separating.

You don't have a FMIC= front mount intercooler if stock. It is a TMIC= top mount intercooler.

Check with your tuner. Many like to tune with the Grimmspeed ebcs. Tuner I am going to also suggests replacing the stock BPV with a Forge one to prevent boost leaks.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

To my understanding the 07 does have a catless up pipe. Your factory top mount should have no issue holding 17 psi. But over time they have a tendency to split at the seams. I have an 05, so I did a catless up pipe and catless down pipe with at first stock cat back. Let me tell u how horrible that sounded. In my opinion it was just flat out bad. You may have better luck with a catted down pipe though. I'm running the Cobb stage 2 sence 71k, now at 109k and no issues at all.

Having done a lot of installs on subies over the years and specifically Legacies...

UP- You are fine with the OEM one unless you are going for big power where the OEM won't hold the pressure. Not an issue in this case. The OEM is catless already.

DP- I would consider going with the Invidia Catted DP or Cobb Catted DP. Price is a little more but the build quality and quality control (flanges lining up, hangers lining up, etc) are much better on the Invidia and Cobb.

I would consider going with an upgraded DW65 upgraded fuel pump and grimmspeed or cobb EBCS as well.

Soon after you will likely need a TMIC and Injectors to get an optimal stage 2 tune out of it. We've seen lots of stage 2 pro-tuned cars max out the injectors.

-Mike Paisan

AZP's First Private Track Event, June 19 at NJMP Thunderbolt $315 including Classroom and Mentor!

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Thanks for the input guys. As of now I'm rolling with a stage 2 OTS map from Infamous (hopefully they get get some issues sorted out on their end, looks like they're backed up from what I've learned AFTER placing an order). I also found a decent deal on an Invidia catted DP as opposed to the CNT and am going to proceed with the bulletproof mod as suggested. I think I will also see how the stock BPV works out for now. This car is not a DD so if i break something it's not too much of an emergency...

I'll let y'all know how it works out

You don't have a FMIC= front mount intercooler if stock. It is a TMIC= top mount intercooler.

I was trying so hard to nail all of my acronyms on my first post, lol.

Archived