LegacyGT.com

c-pillar bar

off topic

bg- wagon (raised roof)

bk- wagon (clean roof)

i know this is what they are called, but the cargo space is not dramatically different.

and i don't think the rear hatch is any different at all.

so how is it that the outback has a raised roof?

i wonder if it really has a dented stair step roof and 90% of it is the exact same height as the L or GT wagons.

ok, back to your strut bar discussion.

That's a beaks bar for a civic, is that what you mean? Honda also has support for a rear strut bar like Subaru, aftermatket manufacturers havent developed anything like a x brace for our vehicles, probably have to custom fabricate those.

That does however look like some fun to design and fabricate..

I made a harness bar for a friends evo that tied into the top of the b-pillars, are you trying to strengthen the front cab or rear cab? C-pillars are the sail panel to rear strut towers by the way,rear strut bar c-pillar bar = same difference.

I think a bar like that would be really cool to make for both sedan and a wagon. You probably wouldn't have to take the seats out of a wagon to make it work and keep the usable space. The sedan on the other hand would be more of a track use only or no rear seats.

For a sedan the fabrication would be tricky, would have to cut a little out of surrounding sheetmetal from the strut tower in a sedan an come up with a step in so the bars rest against the seats when you close them.

Those bars are nice but because of the suspension differences in macpherson and double wishbone it would be impossible (nothings impossible though) for a fit up like that...as far as I know there isn't a brace like that available through spt or any other aftermarket company.

Archived