LegacyGT.com

downpipe help!!!

Niko_lgt

Hey guys, im having a hard time picking out a downpipe for my 05 lgt, automatic. I guess there's ones for manual and ones for auto? someone help me? If you could put a link from ebay of which dp i need? I've got an invidia uppipe im gona have installed. Thanks.

Well I prefer the quieter one. Was told that the catless dp go a bit raspy? Reason I wanna go with the quieter because over here in MA. Our cops love to stop any car that sounds loud for them. Found the invidia from rally sports. 525$ w/ free delivery. I'll pay the extra price to have it a bit quieter. Having my 16g turbo installed next Thursday I hope. With the Perrin inlet hosing. Invidia up pipe. And prob invida high flo cat dp.

Many legitimate vendors have eBay stores. Since it seems you're looking for a deal go with a cnt catless. That's the cheapest you could get away with. Search for it on your own.
I misread that to mean he wanted to get a crappy ebay downpipe. :redface:

Anyway, there are many vendors that pay for vendor status to the LGT forum.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/vendor-specific-forums-59.html

I order from FredBeansParts almost exclusively. They give great deals and excellent customer service. You should send them a PM or call them. They can give you better prices than their website lists sometimes.

"Street driven cars should have cats" <-- I strongly agree with that statement made by another member here. Not because of the noise. If you have a stock catback anyway, cat/uncatted will hardly make a difference in noise. I hope you're getting a tune with everything.

Yea, like a few weeks ago only. I wasn't really planning on doing anything to the car at first. But after installing my exhaust wanted more sound, and after racing around with a couple of buddies decided wouldn't hurt doing a few mods ;)

Plus i have a loudmouth cousin who thinks his 1989 bmw m3 is the king of the streets kinda motivated me to work on my car. Shut him up real good :)

Never looked into subaru's. Got this because i needed a car. And realized how beautiful and beasty these engines are and can be :)

A 1989 M3? Hmm... does he have a lot of work in it or something? Because that car stock is a 2.3L I4 192HP engine...

Do some price comparisons, don't be afraid to PM the vendors and ask to see if they can beat a price.

Yea, like a few weeks ago only. I wasn't really planning on doing anything to the car at first. But after installing my exhaust wanted more sound, and after racing around with a couple of buddies decided wouldn't hurt doing a few mods ;)

Plus i have a loudmouth cousin who thinks his 1989 bmw m3 is the king of the streets kinda motivated me to work on my car. Shut him up real good :)

Never looked into subaru's. Got this because i needed a car. And realized how beautiful and beasty these engines are and can be :)

stock vs stock, the legacy would murder it. if you run it right, you can even beat a e46 m3 in a drag race as well (only from a dig)

I believe that's the year? But i believe its a I6. Maybe its a few years earlier, but old body style. And i believe he has it chipped with some exhaust, but i didn't have a chance to race with him because lately i feel like my cars either having some kinda boost leak or something, so get turbo lag alot and i know my car has started to perform worse than from be4, smoke from exhaust on start ups. Some guys said sounds like turbo might be on its way out, so that's why i ordered a new 16g turbo with few other things, once ill have it all installed and get a tune, ill see what he's got. He's just one of those guys, im the fastest exxagerates alot, believes he can take sti's and what not. So im hoping i can shut him up real good)

DP shouldn't affect the sound too much. I didn't notice any change in sound on stock CBE when I eliminated the cats from the downpipe and uppipe.

Not so. Getting a high-flow DP is a bit different from de-catting the stock exhaust.

Tits mcgee

Hey guys, what do you think of the cobb catted downpipe? heres a link to the one i like.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/COBB-Tuning-524212-Downpipe-Catted-Bellmouth-Subaru-AT-ONLY

I have 2, love them

one of the best choices on the market IMHO

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

DP shouldn't affect the sound too much. I didn't notice any change in sound on stock CBE when I eliminated the cats from the downpipe and uppipe.

Decatting the stock pipes effectively leaves resonators in the cats places, a catless DP will be a (relatively) straight pipe leaving a more "raw" sound - tends to be raspy.

I have 2, love them

one of the best choices on the market IMHO

I'll put my CNT up next to your Cobb anyday pal!:lol:

*** Also remember you didnt have to buy either of yours;)***

CNT could be compared to rice, and just like rice, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?

I'll put my CNT up next to your Cobb anyday pal!:lol:

*** Also remember you didnt have to buy either of yours;)***

CNT could be compared to rice, and just like rice, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?

WAT?

I bought the 2nd one- $400.00 used on here

also notice the CAT pLacement, Cobb keeps the hot-ass CAT out of the engine bay and away from the passenger CV joint

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

WAT?

I bought the 2nd one- $400.00 used on here

also notice the CAT pLacement, Cobb keeps the hot-ass CAT out of the engine bay and away from the passenger CV joint

I KNOW u did, i was just busting your chops, wagon boy! If you wrap your pipe, like you should,(not the cat) it should eliminate enough of the heat. You track and/or race your car on a consistant basis, u know, enough to make the DP cherry? Thought not:rolleyes: Plus you bought yours USED for $400, you can buy a brand NEW CNT for less than that!:lol:

My point is this... if you feel the need to buy the more expensive one, just so you can say "I've got a Cobb", do it. Thats your preference. If you want to save $200 or more, and get a DP that's just as good, if not better... well, follow my link. Plus, Shane, our estranged friend, Max tracks his car all the time and runs the CNT... :p

It's really up to Niko_lgt. Its his money, his preference, his ride.;)

Archived