LegacyGT.com

3.0R vs. Legacy GT

KA81

very hard decision, my next car will be a subaru within 6 months, just doing some research until then

i really cant decide between the two

Legacy: i really like the 5 speed manual, turbo, Regal Blue Pearl option

3.0R: i like the idea of having an H6 and maybe in the future if possible, putting in a turbo, but only avaiable in 5EAT, i believe

i really love the Regal Blue Pearl and the 5 speed, but i can live with Obsidian Black Pearl

i guess my question to this community is how is the 5EAT and (i know with money anything is possible...but) is installing a turbo possible (without major $ and fabrications)

my idea was if i did purchase the 3.0R somehow get FMI with a turbo

i guess im drawn to the 3.0R is because it is an H6 and we all dream about a twin turboed H6 and the 3.0R would be the best Subaru to hack on

One major plus to buying the LGT...turbo is warrantied..and supposedly (someone correct me if i am wrong) the engine will hold up better due to being built around the turbo so to speak. You also get more power in the turbo model. Plus to the H6..it will likely be a smoother power delivery and a quiter ride..plus if you tow stuff i believe it has a higher rating. I guess it depends on what you want..thrill driving turbo charged car with a manual..or more of a contemporary car thatr you can still get up and go with..but in a different manner from the turbo. just my .02

i live in colorado so i like the AWD of subaru, and with the altitude a turbo is nice, but i can live without a turbo

i would just use the car for work and play, during winter i always go snowboarding

so i guess im stuck

im still young so i guess Performance >= Contemporary for me

turbo motors aren't as affected by altitude like NA motors are.

As for the choice between H6 and the turbo car....I have driven both as my bro bought an LLBean. He insisted on a auto, so I steered him that direction instead of the OBXT. In comparison to my turbo H-4, the H-6 feels gutless down low. You have to rev it to get it going. It depends on what you are looking for. Most 'car guys' who have ridden in my car (and aren't Subaru nuts) have no idea it's turbocharged. They just think it's got a bigger motor than it does.

The high-altitude performance of a turbocharged engine is significantly better. Because of the lower air pressure at high altitudes, the power loss of a naturally aspirated engine is considerable.

Archived