LegacyGT.com

If you had to be lame again.

Chevy Cruze seems to review better than the focus and if you get the eco you can be in the 40mpg range as well. I test drove one with the 6 spd manual and, believe it or not, it had more room in the trunk and back seat than my fiances '09 Legacy 2.5i.

Damn dude, that is one of the higher mileage LGTs I have heard of. Have you replaced anything major?

Let's see......

1 radiator

3 turbos, each at or around 100k - replaced before anything happened

3 or 4 rear passenger wheel bearings

2 or 3 clutches - single mass is the way to go

1 valve cover gasket

1 oil filter seal + coolant tubes for said filter

couple radiator tubes

1 drivers side control arm and end links

rear struts

new sway bar bushings x 2 in the rear. x 1 in the front

new front end links again

passenger side tie rods.

3 new rear bumper shells - back into once and low mph rear ended twice.

That's it I think.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

have discussed this with one of my mechanics. we think alot of it has to do with my commute. 60 miles a day, non stop traffic.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

fine. I change the oil every 3-4k miles. I usually check it at 2k miles. seems like every other oil change I'll drop down to low on the dip stick. it happens sporadically.

recently had the large hose up top that goes into the radiator replaced. there was this brown substance all around it. while he was in there, he checked all my engine seals and everything was bone dry. no signs of leakage (except from that oil filter seal leak)

Mazda 6 looks pretty nice, they claim 40mpg...

This car is as close to perfect as you can get for the money. The steering and chassis make the class-leading Toyota Camry feel like a dead fish; the Accord, a dead fish with an ego problem
http://www.roadandtrack.com/bestof2013/best-cars-of-2013

I'm thinking about getting the 2015 STI if it looks more like the concept. I still miss my WRX just not sure I could deal with going back to those NASIOC clowns...

WRX.jpg.00521aaacec0c38152e8c42d54088574.jpg

Archived