LegacyGT.com

doing smfw and clutch swap ( do i need new pp bolts ) or can i reuse the duel mass on

as stated im doing a smfw swap next weekend ... can i reuse the duel mass bolts for the pressure plate or do i need new bolts ..

ive searched fred beans and all they have no listing for them ..

and input wopuld be greatly appreciated

I had to reuse them too. The early Spec LWFW uses them. Not sure if they ever changed that.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_DSCN4784.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I still have 8 new never used hex head FW bolts if someone wants to buy them. I'm not in a hurry to sell them, more effort then what its worth. Cost more to ship them probably.

If some one local wants them I'd be happy the drive a bit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

im going to reuse my pp bolts.... max ... thanks for the pick, i did get the wrx fw bolts so im good there .

i just wanted to make sure i could reuse the pressure plate bolts as im doing the swap next weekend so

im going to reuse my pp bolts.... max ... thanks for the pick, i did get the wrx fw bolts so im good there .

i just wanted to make sure i could reuse the pressure plate bolts as im doing the swap next weekend so

Yes, pressure plate bolts are fine to reuse. I reused mine 3x so far.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Not sure if this means anything, but the spec clutch can only be used with their flywheel or the dual mass stock wheel and not the wrx smfw. Not sure if that would affect the pressure plate bolts.

i did a 07 09 lgt single mass fw ( same as 06 07 wrx ) exedy pp , exedy clutch relined for 420 hp and torque, by a clutch company near me that makes clutches.

my buddy has the same setup and it feels great , light pedal , grabbie as hell to .

dmfw and smfw bolts are the same ....buddy reused his for his swap , which is the same as im doing

Archived