LegacyGT.com

Best Intake to use with Cobb AP?

LOL intake.... bone stock.... you better listen to this knowledge everyones telling you!! because when you get more power via up/downpipe stage 2 tune, your going to realize your suspension is shit, then your going to need sway bars, end links, struts/coilovers, misc braces, lca bushings, maybe some rear control arms. And then your going to want to stop! So maybe some slotted rotors, or a bbk in front, ss brake lines, some brake pads. The list goes on... And you cant even tune until you make sure the car is in tip top shape.... which i learned the hard way. The intake is the icing on the cake, but you havent even started baking.

Basically this starts to get pricey, no need in throwing away money so soon!!! You will burn some dollars, but dont do it that way!

Don't worry rob-2, I know what you meant.

Alex, one piece of good advice, don't be in a hurry to spend your money. Do your homework, make a list of what you want and put prices with them.

What he said!

no offense taken just trying to learn and get dsomeinput

This is a thread that I started a while back before I had a clue, some of it turned into a sandwich thread, but nonetheless there's a ton of useful do's and don'ts... hope it helps.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-grimmspeed-up-pipe-thoughtsi-202262.html

***Also, don't take offense to some of what the guys say on this thread, its mostly out of frustration of having to repeat themselves 50,000 times. Every time someone new becomes a member they have the same questions and instead of searching, they just post a new thread (I use the term member loosely, because there are thousands of user names on this site... but much fewer actual contributing members). I was a huge culprit of this myself:rolleyes:. Following the link above you'll understand. Still kudos to the long time members that day after day, answer the same GD questions over and over again without losing their cool, that takes a lot of patience!

Good luck with your research... they're right about the stock intake, though, roll with it until you decide to upgrade your turbo;)

How did you get a stage 1 tune with a cobb ap without changing the uppipe??? I thought cobb requirements for stage 1 - uppipe, stage 2 - downpipe? Am I wrong? I hope you arent doing something you shouldnt be lol.

ahhh, i c now! You are indeed correct!

Stock Mode: The stock mode map uses the same calibrations that came from the factory. The stock mode map is a great way to re-establish a baseline when comparing tunes as it lets the engine behave the same way it did before installing the Accessport.

Stage1 Maps: These maps are performance maps that are designed for vehicles with no engine modifications or mild modifications such as a cat-back exhaust.

Stage1+ Maps: These are performance maps for vehicles with an upgraded intake system. Aftermarket intakes can dramatically change the airflow pattern across the MAF sensor which can generate incorrect readings and makes the engine run lean or rich. A Stage1+ map recalibrates the MAF sensor for the specific aftermarket intake system you are using.*

Stage2 Maps: These maps are geared towards performance upgrades that reduce restrictions in the exhaust system. If you have replaced the factory downpipe from the turbo or replaced the factory catalytic converter with a high flow cat, a Stage2 map is what you are looking for.*

Stage2+ Maps: These maps address both upgraded intake modifications and the high flow exhaust enhancements of Stage2.*

Archived