LegacyGT.com

No longer a legacy driver...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd smoke you. This car is a light as a bird, with a 4.44 trans.

And the maf sounds like a good idea to check.

These are all great ideas but the maf makes the most sense. Its leans out to 20.0 on the apexi. Ill try cleaner. then a new maf.

Sent from my S3

:lol: at the bench-racing.

Joe - when you are hitting 20:1 AFR, what else is going on? Under load, idling, cruising, etc.? Is it jumping around or steady-state, then bang, 20:1? Presume you have a WB02 reader and if so, it could be that. Otherwise, metered air is the issue. MAF as Monkey mentioned, or between the Turbo and the Intake as Kenny mentioned.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'd smoke you. This car is a light as a bird, with a 4.44 trans.

^i think that accord would be smoked like a bong that Sti has 60 more hp and probably the same in torque compared to that j30 you have...accords are heeeeavy.

Probably... But that's not the point... There's a full STi swap 2.5RS coupe in town that smokes EVERYTHING. It dyno's at almost 370 WHP. I'll race him if I ever get the chance.

Is 317 wheel or crank power? You're either making 60 more crank hp than mine, or 100 more wheel hp than mine lol

And yes, my Accord is heavy. 3300 pounds wet. And no, that's not specs, that's me parking it on a scale minus my weight.

I've only lost to one car so far. It was a 2001 SS Camaro with some bolt ons. He only had me by one and a half car lengths nearing 80 mph. And that car made 320 at the crank when it was stock. But, it weight closer to 3500 lbs wet.

If my buddy goes WRX swap, I'm trying to convince him to let me swap out the gears for the 4.44's just so it can be that much faster all over the place. He might go STi swap though... Just haven't made a decision yet. Depends on the time.

I know what you mean kenny, I had a civic with a b18c heavily modded I used to smoke v8s all day long...I even raced a stock r-35 gt-r on the drag strip just to see the time difference. He only had 1.03 faster 1/4 time then I had. I just enjoy it win or lose...I have lost to some pretty amazingly built cars, a twin-turbo cobra mustang, lambo gallardo (not built), r32gt-r (big turbo) he only beat me by a half car length)

I think swagon said the car was dynoed at the crank...he said 317 cup.

Here's an update.

First here's is a detailed description.

- at its worse the car will only have stable afr off boost. You can slowly spin the motor up with good afr but as soon You start building boost the afr start to climb till they max and the car with don't make much boost at and its really jerking.

So today I got some shop time in and cleaned the maf. No help

I ran just wastegate presure and still problem. I ran it without the waste gate hooked up and still had issues.

Removed the tmic and checked all the hoses. And there was just a tiny tiny bit of nice clean looking oil resting in the tmic but the 90 degree elbow was nice a dry and so was inside of the turbine that I could reach. Also hot at shit lol.

So I'm stuck fueling issue.

Currently the car was running great again for the last half hour I was zooming up and done the roads.

Sent from my S3

Well its back to normal now. Idk if maybe sercuring the maf plug better helpped or cranking down the hose clamps some more.

But yes. The fuel system is next. The filter has rust on it so its probably old haha. I also got some ngk platnims for here and I'm gotta swap to the msd and wires when I can to make sure I'm not blowing spark out. The coil pack lookd like shit anyway. Though no spark would show rich afrs. Cant hurt though.

Just ran well over the recommended amount of seafoam on a quarter tank of gas so maybe loosen up the fpr in case its now fulling holding the presure over 0psi.

So fuel filter, plugs. Wires, msd, the rest of the seafoam in the crankcase and an oil change (to what oil I should ask? 40k since the rebuild. 80 total.)

Sent from my S3

I'd go with a good synthetic... running Valvoline 5W-40 in the SubenWagen. Would not run Mobil-1 anything. Get an OEM filter for it. I have a spare TR that I can give you.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

But that don't explain why I'm suddenly having problems. The filters been on the car since before I bought it. But I will keep it on my shopping list ones I replenish my bank accounts. Lol I and to drain them and max my credit card.(luck me the card is interest and payment free for 4-5 more monthes )

Sent from my S3

That's a good point actually... Probably not the filter then. But, who know if the problem was there before you bought the car or not...

Oh, and I've seen that filter before. I'm pretty sure that they are a Japanese brand filter.

annnnnnd

lol SO glad I have a Honda. Problem free for just about 3 months now. I never thought it would happen.

they pushed as much as possible out of it 317chp.. it sucks when they push the tune to the limit as once the other components begin to wear... you gonna have problems. Compression test it right away or else you will just be throwing dollars and parts in lots of directions.

you can easily make a home made boost leak tester, a fuel pressure gauge is a worthy investment to. if engine has been rebuilt when was the last time the fuel pump was changed?

& Rotella T6 5w-40

Wow, three whole months? :p

Lol...

That filter looks like a hks hi-power foam filter or replica of it, never seen one in purple though. They are supposes to be awesome filters for turbo-charged motors, expensive to at like $60 for the filter and cage only.

I don't underbstand how they claim to be making 317 when the car is stock. Beside the filter.

But it makes since. The safc air correction is like at 25 percent plus or close across the map.

And I think may have tracked it down to the maf plug. Only time will tell.

Sent from my S3

No internal work? Do you know the history of it? Sounds strange I'm sure but go and see if you can de-tune it at a shop, maybe the po messed with the maps and got it out of whack. If they put it on the dyno they might have screwed it up you think?

Dude, replace your fuel filter stat! Check the coil pack and injectors, easy peasy.

Dumb question, but what engine is in the bay? 20g? Whatever issue you're having I'm sure it is a minor fix that will make all the difference in the world. What turbo? And you never answered what fuel pump you are running.

Archived