LegacyGT.com

***Semi-Official Legacy GT 1320 List***

Prod

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am planning on doing a 13.0 this fall, stock vf-40, stay tuned. Congrats to PDX, you are now the fastest legacy GT in the country. I suggest you post on dragtimes.com as well.

Anyway, I will now state I am the fastest stock-turboed lgt in the country from now on.

Congrats!

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Great time ChruiSSer! Tonight was definately a race night! Get that sucker tuned man!!

What kind of clutch are you running, dont tell me stock...

-Rob

MTS

mblock66 / 13.65@97.33 / 1.85 60'/Englishtown, NJ / 5EAT / Limited GT sedan / UP,DP,AP Stg II,Pullies, 160 degree thermostat / 56 degrees

Woot I think that puts me pretty high on the list :)

Highest 5EAT I think

Should be low 13's if not high 12's after TMIC Cat back Intake and Pro Tune

The day will come soon (this fall) a stock turbo LGT will crack the 12.99 barrier.

I'll do that soon, I think the tracks will be closed and I'll have to wait for spring tho.

Nice times guys.

@Matt Nice to see we're both the fastest 'something', I'm the fastest Stg 1 and you, the fastest EAT.

I think it is worth it. My car is moving now. It took me an Chrussier about an hour to do on the 5EAT so if you have a buddy then i would do it. Not underdriven though.

I wanna see more of the 5EATs up there!!!

Oh and I tq braked to like 3700. Actually I just revved as hard as I could when the first staging light lit and then let her rip about 3-4 seconds later

Thanks! haha I am on the stock clutch. It's actually holding up better than I thought it would. It slips sometimes on the 1-2 shift. I just need to wait a little bit, rather than rip the gearbox apart and it doesn't slip. I've got the launches down pat.

Mine seems to slip pretty bad, You need to come launch my car to see if it's the clutch. lol.... I have had my other subby guru friend launch it for no better than a 1.89. Now I can't even get a 1.99 due to slip. I plan on upgrading clutch and mounts next. With some tuning for cool air, I am hoping for 12.9@105 or better, stock turbo. ChruiSSer, what turbo are you using with your setup? vf39? If so, very nice!

Alright. I don't get any slip. Only on that 1-2 shift if I shift fast and keep my foot planted on the gas. I do notice though that the clutch lets out a little more than halfway now. I'm planning on doing the clutch around Christmas. I am using the vf-39. It honestly spools just as fast as stock, and it will support a lot more topend with tuning. With a clutch and better tuning I would be suprised if you don't atleast hit 12.9 or faster. We should setup a date for everyone in late october and you and a bunch of other guys that aren't local could cruise down and we'll have a day at the strip. Good luck!

So ChruiSSer, you're using the vf-39... how much help is it over the stock vf-40 since you're using the "regular" Cobb stage II tune? I think it's awesome that you pulled a 12.7 because I honestly didn't realize the STI turbo had that much over stock, but it seems to have propelled you to some awesome times!

lol yea update...update...update!!!

Actually where it WILL shine is topend. Where the legacy falls on it's face, this turbo is at max boost for the most part. You can see that the Stage II map is limiting me in my mph. I'm running 12's at 105mph...wtf!?!?!? but that's because it isn't tuned yet. I seriously think i'll see 12.3's with a protune at 115ish. 4th gear is a dog....don't tell that to the M3 and 350z that i ran into the other day....

Last night at Sac Raceway on last run- E.T. 13.89 / MPH 96.3 / 60ft 1.94

Ecutek, perrin tmic, up/dp 91 octane 5EAT limited sedan. The 5EAT top end is definitely suffering. Another 5 spd GT with only turboback and accessport pulled a 13.38 at 99mph which was only a tenth off a modded STI yesterday.

They didn't just claim it. He ran a 12.7 12.8 12.8 the same night I got my 13.65.

I agree though that the 5EAT top end is suffereing. I think with a TMIC, CAI, and a cat back it will pick up the top end significantly though. I have none of those mods. I am planning on getting some of those and protuned shortly.

I think the 5EAT can come close to 13 flat on stock turbo after a pro tune @maybe like 102-103mph

Tronix/13.447@101.72/Edgewater, OH/5EAT/Sedan/Cobb stg 2, no cats or res,light whls,race gas,perrin DI, lightweight pulley...see garage for more/72degrees/40% humidity

link to slip: http://tcforum.com/tronix/legacy/tronleg1slip.jpg

gonna try to beat that next friday, with a few changes (new maps,cobb sf intake, nitrous IC cooler reduce weight)

-Tronix(testntune)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

Archived