LegacyGT.com

Thinking about buying an 08 LGT 5SP with Invidia exhaust

Hey all. This is my first post. Been reading the forums for a few weeks now and I am getting pretty excited. I have wanted a LGT for a couple years now and can finally afford a low mileage one. Been searching for a few months and stumbled upon one at Carmax of all places. It's black on black with a stick 49k one owner. The exact combo I wanted but thought I would never find. After asking a few questions I had it shipped to Maryland for $300. I am confident it's worth the gamble. Should be here within the next few days. No obligation to buy once here, just out three hundo...

My one question. It has an Invidia exhaust quad pipe. They didn't know what model and neither did I. Claimed there are no other mods and everything else is good to go. How hard and would it be worth changing back to stock exhaust at some point? Getting to that age where I just want the total sleeper car dont need anything flashy just something fun and rewarding to drive.

I know once I drive it I won't want to get rid of the exhaust :lol: but just curious about changing back to stock.

Any insight would be appreciated. Also, any other tips or things to check out before purchasing????

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

If you want some piece of mind, get a compression test done. I just bought an '08 and I had one done on mine to see all cylinders were firing evenly and within spec.

Throw it on a lift, check seals and obvious leaks/cracks/etc. Drive it and listen for any unusual sounds, bangs or clunks in shifts, etc.

The invidia exhaust is called the Q300. I have heard this exhaust in person and it is much quieter than the youtube videos seem. It has a much deeper note than the stock exhaust, but not too much louder.

I am actually looking at the Invidia Q300 for 2005 LGT. I've been holding off because of sound concerns. Similasr to the OP, I am looking for performance gain, but i want a quieter sound, not an obnoxious exhaust. I was thinking of the HKS Silent Hi-Power as another option, but your looking at around $400 - $500 additional cost. Is the Q300 really not much louder than stock?

Well after the dealer re-set the rotors it drives perfect! Going to pick her up next week!

The invidia exhaust is pretty awesome. Its not obnoxious at all and has a nice deep rumble. Normal driving you would barely hear it. I took my dad with me to test drive and even he said he liked it. You know its not obnoxious if he said that!!! Lol

I think if you search you'll find what you need.

I have a Magnaflow with a catted downpipe, and I found it far too loud for a DD. I put an oval muffler in the midpipe to quiet it down. It's still got a deep rumble, and it's still loud, but better, IMO. From what I've heard, the Invidia is much quieter.

Tits mcgee

Archived