LegacyGT.com

What do you guys think of using spacers? I'm comfortable with the ride height and handling of the stock suspension but I think it would look a lot better with a little wider wheelbase. Would puting spacers on cause premature wear on other parts or any other known problems? I'm not sure how much I'd do... Probably 20mm or more

there are a ton of threads online about the pros and cons of using spacers.

i did some research on this topic awhile back when trying to mount my brembos and everyone has there own opinions on this subject. its the same as getting lower offset wheels which do cause more stress on bearings and the such, but the biggest issue is realiablily and strength.

so in the end its your choice, you will be fine with spacers say 15mm max, but they need to be very high quality pieces and hub-centric, will cost you around 120$ a set. add a little more $$$ on top of two sets and you could have a new set of wheels.

That's what I feared about bearings and such. My tires are brand new so I wouldn't wanna buy a new set of 4 wider ones or buy wheels that take a different sized tire. I'm not dead set on the idea, but thought I'd check if it would be straightforward and solid (which doesn't seem to be the case). Thanks for the input guys! :)

The load center would be off not by that much, but if you choose to do so, go quality, hub centric and wheel centric also! The problem I have seen was the use of low offset wheels AND spacers, causing alot of the load center to be way off. OE offset is +48 and the amount you would need would be max 10mm. Offset is in mm so add it in a negative fashion ( so 48 - 10 really) and it would be only +38, which isn't THAT bad.

The problem really is how much it costs due to the tight tolerances.

Save up, get a more aggressive 16" with maybe a .25" wider rim and like 42 offset and I think you'll have a nice compromise!

Just my thoughts.

And as long as you have enough on the hub that goes into the wheel bore, you wont need wheel centric ones either.

And the benefit from those brakes vs the slight possibility of wearing out a wheel bearing is greater.

I would go for it, you'll be fine.

Archived