LegacyGT.com

Front Bumper Removal (2010+)

^^^ thats what I did, although i didnt even lift the car just turned the wheel. Others here have said they couldnt get it done this way .... I only changed the bulbs though..not a retrofit, isnt that you are doing.

I was just trying to offer an alternative to pulling off the bumper for changing lights. Turning the wheel worked fine for me as well with stock wheels but I have larger wheels on now so its either learn contortionism, pop off the bumper, or lift it a bit.

Many kudos to JLGT for showing how to remove the bumper though, once you do it a few times it can be just as fast as jacking up the car a bit.

I tried doing it a few times just by peeling back the fender liner. My biggest challenge was the twist cap for the headlight to get access to the bulb. Once I got it off, I couldn't get it back on as the tabs are not aligned and I was doing it blind.

Next time, I'll pull the bumper and just take out the entire until so I can make sure the twist cap is on properly.

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the search feature that led me to this thread. Removed bumper and swapped headlight bulbs so much easier than before. Unfortunately after putting everything back did I notice one of my LED bulbs is not working on one of the two sides. Grrrrrr... At least I already planned on replacing with Black housing Outback lamps so I will just wait until that purchase before fixing.

• 1 year later...
Bumping this because it's a super useful resource and Photobucket completely f*cked it. Tried getting around it, but JLGT, could you re-host and re-post your images on Imgur? They're currently all broken thanks to Photobucket.

Hey everyone.

I saved the pictures for the bumper removal and the headlight removal that were on this thread and the other thread. It's fairly rudimentary as I simply copy and pasted the the posts into word and then saved as a PDF. However, it should do the trick.

I'm not really up to date on how to share things over the internet. I have a Google Drive. Is there a way to share those files without giving the entire internet access to my google drive?

Otherwise perhaps I could email them to someone and they can share them?

James

Hey everyone.

I saved the pictures for the bumper removal and the headlight removal that were on this thread and the other thread. It's fairly rudimentary as I simply copy and pasted the the posts into word and then saved as a PDF. However, it should do the trick.

I'm not really up to date on how to share things over the internet. I have a Google Drive. Is there a way to share those files without giving the entire internet access to my google drive?

Otherwise perhaps I could email them to someone and they can share them?

James

You can upload pdfs to the site with the advanced options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived