LegacyGT.com

LGT 5MT vs Hemi 300C

Guess this classes as my first real "race" even though I knew the divorce proceedings would start immediately (jk).

On our way home from the zoo this afternoon with wife and 2 year old in the back, going through an industrial part of town when I see a 300C coming up behind me as I approach a set of lights. (I didn't know it was a Hemi until he got alongside). As he comes up the inside of me to the stop line, this yahoo in a loud jeep wrangler swerves infront of me to line up against the 300. I guess they had raced from the previous set and caught up with me. Anyway, I pull to the right into the 3rd lane so the 3 of us are abreast, shortly after the lights my lane exits, so I knew I had to get a good launch to get back onto the highway. As soon as I start building the revs, the wife starts the "don't you dare routine" but it was too late........

I held it at 4,000, the lights went green and with a short squeal of tyres I was off. The jeep immediately disappeared and I got about a car length on the Hemi as I got back onto the highway. I only got to about 120 (kms) before the screaming really started and I had to back off. The 300 pulled up alongside, gave me the thumbs up and shot off. That was a good feeling I tell ya.

Can't wait for the next time, when I'm solo hopefully :lol:

Nuthin' like openig up a can of whoop a@#, AND defying the wife's orders!!! Granted this type of behavior generally finds you in the dog house, but I 'm sure it was worth it! So what did your 2 yrd old think? I know mine always wants to win, and usually will say do it again, or go faster!

My boy loves any thing to do with cars, his favourite pastime is to sit in the drivers seat, honk the horn and play with the gear stick, he should be in Karts by the age of 6 I hope :D . Any hard acceleration, braking or cornering results in a "weee woooo" from one side of the back seat, and a "slow down" from the other side !

The Hemi had his buddy in the passenger seat, who probably weighed more than my wife, and son put together, so I guess I had the advantage there.

How is the Hemi 6.1 differentiated from the 300C ? (apart from the engine duh!)

;) Had I had another $20K in-hand, I'd probably have splurged on the SRT-8.

Great story versus the "regular Hemi" - I love the looks of those rides, even though they're not quite as fast as Winky.

What I liked even more about your story was the wifey bit. I, too, regularly get the "don't you dare," LOL. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived