LegacyGT.com

Seafoam

Hydro locking is when you get an amount of liquid in the combustion chamber greater than it can hold, it can cause ring damage bent connecting rods, damage to main bearing and crank shaft. You can hydrolock going through a big puddle of water that gets sucked in through the I/m. You can also hydrolock in the same situation through the exhaust if you stall out while the tail pipe is under water. There is a little bit of vacuum that is created after the compression stroke when you turn your car off.

Indeed, thinking about putting the airbox assembly from my 90 wagon in the bd with the weaponR tube and snorkus...unless you have an idea on how to modify the original zues. That thread you posted got me thinking on how to get around the voltage spike i MAY experiencing.

Indeed, thinking about putting the airbox assembly from my 90 wagon in the bd with the weaponR tube and snorkus...unless you have an idea on how to modify the original zues. That thread you posted got me thinking on how to get around the voltage spike i MAY experiencing.

Really?

an idea on how to modify the original

i dont know of any mods, but if its just the sudden surge of air into the MAF that causes the spike... maybe a filter in the fender to suppress airflow a bit into the normal intake...

thats my idea, ha

Like come out from the other end of the airbox with a short section of tube and another filter? Maybe take the panel filter out and get one of those hks hi-power mushroom looking filter since the profile is pretty thin and turn the airbox into a resonator.

I have been thinking about taking my die grinder to the inside of the airbox and smoothing out those vane looking things to see if that would yield better flow, the velocity stack I have in there might have more service if I do that too. Your a genious zues. :)

The only time I believe the intake wraps work to insulate the air would probably be in the winter since the charge is already cold you would be blocking out the heat soak from the motor...probably wouldn't change enough to make a difference either way..

why not one of the 2 smaller hose actually on the throttle body closest to the intake to throttle body clamp?? there is no doubt that the seafoam would hit all 4 cylinders then. it is going directly in to the primary air flow.

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/Subaru/Engine%20build/pcv%20and%20breathers.jpg

On the weaponR intake there is a nipple right in front of the throttle body for the crankcase tees, that's where I go with my cleaners. Its perfect for that since one hand is used for the aerosol and the other to manually throttle it...I wonder if it will take the liquid seafoam from there with a tiny funnel, since it will vaporize just before the chamber.

Archived