LegacyGT.com

Subaru Expands and Strengthens Legacy® and Outback® Lines for 2006

gt_ltd

... they ruin the handling by jacking up the car and putting bigger tires on it. Why would anyone buy the outback instead of the GT????? Well, guess what - subaru sells 10x as many outbacks as non-OB Legacy's, that's why. It sucks, but the USA is full of car-stupid consumers who don't know how to drive and don't want to learn.
Uhhh, because some of us need 8"+ of ground clearance. Try coming up this road in mid-January in your LGT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/relayer/subie/uphill_twisty.jpg

You'd be car-stupid to buy a LGT and expect it to contend with the roads around here in winter.

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

+5

I just can't belive that the LGT Wagon will not be available with a manual transmission. :(

I mean, here you've got a great sports wagon, with a turbo engine, firm suspension, low-profile tires and...you are only offering a damn slushbox as transmission.

COME ON SUBARU !!! You can do better than that :mad:

I will certainly write to Subaru about that. This is a very bad decision. They will lose the very customers like me they successfully lured towards their side with the turbo Legacy wagon. Customers like me are people who loves sports cars and shift their gears for themselves, who had to give up sport coupes for familial reasons, but did not want to buy a crappy minivan so ended up buying a Legacy GT wagon for a perfect mix of performance and daily familial advantages. This is what a lot of LGT wagon customers are about, and this is what Subaru will lose. We're all be going back to Volvo in a few years. Congrats Subaru...

God, am I glad I bought my LGT wagon with 5MT in 2005 knowing it's going to disappear now...

Tzar007...

Make my words yours dude.....

I bought the wagon, just because the sedan look didn't really catch on me, I had an S4 before, but always wanted for an S4 Avant, I guess after the RS2 and some Volvo R series at some extent, all performance car fans really started to enjoy the Sportswagon segment..

And SOA did a great job with our cars, which unfortunately won't be available in the future.... MAD!!!!!

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Actually just moved from just west of you 9 mo ago (big farkin mistake), north of albany. I love the snow; no prob's drivin my cars in it, with good snow tires :D

Well come up here to Vermant and check out the snow drifts in the winter and then tell me what you'd rather have an LGT or an Outback.

Um, I'd move:confused:. Wouldn't drive any of my cars up that road, even in summer. Have to wash the thing every time. Besides, wft, how many people drive up something like that every day? wtf comeon. I'm glad you love your o/b. I hate 'em. Who gives a shit if you like my choice or I like yours???? Only point is, o/b handling sucks compared to the GT on the road. 99 % of owners wont take their o/bs off road, just like suvs. 99% of people dont like driving like I do, either, so they aren't interested in the LGT, miata, 330 coupes, RX-8, etc, etc.

Uhhh, because some of us need 8"+ of ground clearance. Try coming up this road in mid-January in your LGT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/relayer/subie/uphill_twisty.jpg

You'd be car-stupid to buy a LGT and expect it to contend with the roads around here in winter.

• 1 year later...

Archived