LegacyGT.com

Anyone here have an 06 Toyota Avalon?

My father is looking at a new car and is considering the new version of the Avalon. He'd likely grab an LGT if his son didnt already have one :D

In anycase, Im interested in knowing if anyone here has one or has driven one a lot and what their thoughts were.

Thanks,

Phil

ps: he is also looking at a 525i, ES 330, RL, etc. (But I just want to know about the avalon thanks).

My father is looking at a new car and is considering the new version of the Avalon. He'd likely grab an LGT if is son didnt already have one :D

In anycase, Im interested in knowing if anyone here has one or has driven one a lot and what their thoughts were.

Thanks,

Phil

ps: he is also looking at a 525i, ES 330, RL, etc. (But I just want to know about the avalon thanks).

Oh my god let me tell you go avalon the whole way. First of all the acura RL (way OVERPICED) only gets 0 to 60 in 7.3 (avalon 6.6) the avalon is a great value and it will last 12 to 15 years and i'm speaking from experience I own a 2000 toyota avalon not one problem to date. just get all of the check up and it will last forever. I did test out the 05 avalon and I thought how can they inprove on an already outstanding vehicel? If you can test out the 2004 and then the 2005 side by side and you will know what I am talking about and to boot it is fast!! It sokes up the bumps well and the selling point for me is the killer 12 speaker radio system. For me it's the Avalon all the way you can't go rong I am telling you it is one of the best darn cars out there for the price. Just trust me he will love it for years to come.

David

My father is looking at a new car and is considering the new version of the Avalon. He'd likely grab an LGT if his son didnt already have one :D

Thanks,

Phil

The Avalon is quick and seemingly well made. I looked at one before the Leggy but couldn't even bring myself to drive it it looks so stodgy. The tranny is sealed, hydraulic lifters (now there's a switch by Toyota), timing chain. Oil filter has no disposable canister, I hear its an element type. If he doesn't get one of the higher models he won't get skid control and some other stuff. Toyota's optioning on this car sucks bad. Comfortable and powerful. Not sure if its got the problematic 5spd; I haven't trolled the Toy boards in awhile.

The ES330 is a joke. 525i if that's your bag - great as long under warranty.

If it were my money I'd get the RL, with the SHAWD. It may not be the fastest, but to me its the best of the lot. The ones I see commuting (and they are few and far between) look dynomite. Wickedly nice interior as well.

If it were my money I'd get the RL, with the SHAWD. It may not be the fastest, but to me its the best of the lot. The ones I see commuting (and they are few and far between) look dynomite. Wickedly nice interior as well.

Man if I where made of money I would much rather pay for the new Infiniti M45 the thing is way ahead of its time. The RL is nice but just doesent justify for the price. Now I wouldent mind paying $50,000 grand for the M45 and it is a mean looking car. can smoke the RL and get good gas mileage as well.If you like the RL test the M you will know once you test the M which is better.But if value is what you want avalon all the way and it is alot cheaper then the RL.

The Avalon is quick and seemingly well made. I looked at one before the Leggy but couldn't even bring myself to drive it it looks so stodgy.

Maybe your talking about the 2004 the 2005 is sweet and if you are talking about the 05 Avalon then I totaly disagree. I aslo own a 2001 Acura RL (bought it new) and had allot of problems with it Toyota 0. and man you dont know the meaning of value or class.I was on the parking lot and this guy was stareing at my Avalon and said is this 2004 I said nope 2000 and he was amazed,trust me if you are looking for a well blended car go for the Avalon,if you are looking for hitech and V8 power get the M45.

Thanks,

Phil

What about TL? nice car etc

Maybe your talking about the 2004 the 2005 is sweet and if you are talking about the 05 Avalon then I totaly disagree. I aslo own a 2001 Acura RL (bought it new) and had allot of problems with it Toyota 0. and man you dont know the meaning of value or class.I was on the parking lot and this guy was stareing at my Avalon and said is this 2004 I said nope 2000 and he was amazed,trust me if you are looking for a well blended car go for the Avalon,if you are looking for hitech and V8 power get the M45.

I respect your liking the new Avalon, but to me it's a big canoe, and looks like one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There is no accounting for taste.

To me it is just too much of an old persons car, what with that huge back seat area. And its got a lousy profile as well. But yes it's a good "value", if thats what one is chasing.

And you can't even get traction control in the base or Touring models (IIRC). That's great, Toyota. Apparently they don't sell cars where it snows.

The Infiniti's you mention are great cars. The dealerships suck compared to Lexus though (generally). I know a guy who knows a guy who leased an Infiniti, had all maintenance records, and when the engine needed replacing under warranty, Infiniti refused to do it. Not sure of the outcome.

If he has the money for the new RL then he must have the money for the top of the line avalon. Case in point my 2001 RL that I bought cost $41,000 and thats a 2001!!!! the Avalon that I bought 2000 only cost $32,000 and it has a lot more things on it for exmpl. 6 in dash cd changer (RL Trunk which is a pain in the A$$$). My RL has 40,000 miles on it and the engine viberates the brakes suck.The avalon was far far superior to the RL back then it was also a hell of alot faster then my RL.The Avalon has allot more to offer then the new RL does I still think the new and old avalons are ahead of their time. the RL is just stuck back in the 2000's.

Oh and guess what you did a bad thing dident your mom tell you to follow the rules?

Archived