LegacyGT.com

legacy GT turbo issues

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like things might change a little bit. Thinking they are just gonna order a long block and just do a engine swap. They think that will probably be the easiest and cheapest fix. I'm gonna do some looking around and see about how much a new block will cost.

Does a oil cooler come with the long block? And turbo? Intercooler?

guess they priced out a long block from Subaru. Maybe just by parts idk. but they said they gave the warranty place a $8000 quote/estimate. Sucks I really hope they aren't going to total the car. Wish me luck all

Well bad news. They said their not going to authorize a new engine and are not going any further then they are now. They say It was my fault for not coming to them earlier.

So question is. Now I have to pay for it myself. What is the best route to go?

Ok, after reading all this, and our PMs, my advice is go thru the fine print on your warranty paperwork. You've either reached your limit on coverage/payouts, or they realize how badly they've fucked up and now you're gonna hafta fight them (or sue) to cover the damages.

As I said in PM, you're looking at a minimum of 5k to replace your engine -- it's worth it to at least negotiate so that you're not left with the entire bill for results of the work performed by a mechanic who didn't know what he was doing.

^ This exactly! You are gonna be in for a bit of an arguement with the warranty company and the dealership. I would personally go to said dealer and speak with management as it was their mechanic that didn't know what he was doing, so they should have sent it to the Subaru dealership to ensure a proper repair! Lighting a fire under the dealers a** may motivate them to help you with warranty company! Also it is time to get on the phone with the warranty company and argue the same point with them and don't take No for an answer, always ask to speak with their manager! Have you driven it since the first turbo blew?

I have not diven the car since the first turbo was put in. And yes im going to call the warranty company today after work. Their reasoning for not repairing it is cuz they said there was to much oil in car which made the rings go bad. The dealership told me months ago when i took it in for the same reason that it was cuz it was low on oil. So when my car started acting up on freeway i just put some oil in it. But IMO the dealership should have caught tbis months ago when i took it in. Not sure whats going to happen.

Same.

@jakelau, go ahead and tell us the name of the dealership and mechanic just so in the event someone else's car needs repairs, they won't take it to that dealership. .

And then like all unhappy people, get on the internet and keep bitching about it.

Looks like I am going to be rebuilding my engine. Will have to get new oil lines and a oil cooler. Have a local engine shop that rebuilds motors. Have a quote of $3500. If the heads and stuff are still useable.

So I need a oil cooler, anyone have a suggestions on brand? or good place to buy them?

Thinking I am just going to put all stock stuff back in motor. Just don't have the money to put high performance stuff in it.

Anything else I should be worried about with engine rebuild?

Thanks guys......

• 2 months later...

Archived