LegacyGT.com

I want to lower my 06 wagon, most likely just on the stock rims, so I was wondering what should i get other than springs, if anything else is necessary? I don't want it slammed to the earth, but I want it low enough to feel a difference in the handling. I'm positive I just have the stock struts/springs at the moment. Also, is everything interchangeable with the aftermarket gt and n/a springs and struts?

When you get a chance go the the Photos section and look for "Pictures of lowered Wagons" or similar there are several owners that have lowered their wagons and can give you a good idea of what to expect. You can also try the suspension section and request advice for lowering your wagon.

From your post seems like you a tasteful drop and ive always been partial to H-techs on stock struts with 3/8" rear shims :)

Might be a noob question but what are shims in terms of suspension? And I know what I'm looking for in terms of drop and springs usually tell you the expected drop, I was just wondering what else I should buy to make sure the set up will be worth it in regards to better handling and such because I've heard of people getting lowering springs on stock struts and saying that it was almost worse

Being lower doesn't automatically mean your car will handle better, especially with lowering springs on stock shock absorbers. I bet you'd get better results changing the shock absorbers (e.g. Koni Sports, AKA "Yellows") and keeping the stock springs to maintain suspension travel.

For the sake of simplicity, yes. Struts and shocks are technically different, so I just use shock absorber as the universal term :) On our cars, the fronts are struts and the rears are shocks.

Archived