LegacyGT.com

Might get a 2.5i Instead of a GT sadly, Headers Q's?

I love my 2.5i but the gas mileage isn't really that much better than what people say it gets. I'm looking at headers that fit the 2.5i on eBay for $100-200 because I want that rumble sound. Even straight piped they still sound pretty quiet

I love my 2.5i but the gas mileage isn't really that much better than what people say it gets. I'm looking at headers that fit the 2.5i on eBay for $100-200 because I want that rumble sound. Even straight piped they still sound pretty quiet

Has anyone ever tried to put an 05 LGT exhaust and headers on a 08 2.5i? A friend of mine upgraded his exhaust and has his old LGT headers laying around. Thanks

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pics-lgt-manifold-conversion-157280.html

:cool:

Also to anyone saying, "Why spend 500 to make your car less efficient" I'd rather hear a Subaru rumple then a Civic 4 banger fart. And I bet you would to, so I can deal with a tiny downgrade in performance.

Plus I can probably just put a intake on it to counteract the power loss.

The thing is its so hard to even find an intake for our cars. Youd have to get an intake that fits a 2.5rs

Changing the intake does nothing for a turbo Subaru until you're into upgrade turbo territory and 350whp+. Since the filter and air box are the same size or very similar on the n/a models, what possible value could there be in this modification beyond making more noise?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Also to anyone saying, "Why spend 500 to make your car less efficient" I'd rather hear a Subaru rumple then a Civic 4 banger fart. And I bet you would to, so I can deal with a tiny downgrade in performance.

How about option #3, 'leave it alone'? I'd rather leave it sounding stock than waste time and money sounding like something it isn't, just to make the car slower. I like quiet. I'm at 320whp and whisper-quiet. I don't need to sound like I have a lot of power when I don't, or like I'm in an old 90s rally car when I'm not. Where I live going around making the loud blub-blub sound in your n/a Subaru would just invite every idiot with a riced-out Civic or non-Evo Lancer to come stomp your ass. I'd rather keep it subtle and pass by unmolested, but you go ahead and do what you like,

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It's difficult to be satisfied with a 2.5i...I feel you.

Maybe this will shed some light on the subject. I spent about $16,000 on a $14,000 1997 automobile. make and model don't matter. This was from 1997 to 2002. No turbo and no block work, but all suspension, all air filter to intake manifold, and all exhaust manifold to the tailpipe. I dynoed all before and after mods. I netted about 20WHP over the 155 crank HP. That price included a stereo and amp and sub.

I had $30,000 in a car that at 102,000 miles got me $1500 at trade-in.

If I had to do it all over again, it would get some suspension mods, and the rest would be left alone.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'm definitely getting headers for the Signature sound, I'm not going to kill myself over 10hp loss, i'd rather just have the sound and the cans.

I put a flowmaster on my old truck just because I wanted to hear the v8, and I LOVED having it on there.

I don't know if I'll just do an intake, I can do other mods to give me more power if I really feel like it but I probably won't.

I'm definitely getting headers for the Signature sound, I'm not going to kill myself over 10hp loss, i'd rather just have the sound and the cans.

I put a flowmaster on my old truck just because I wanted to hear the v8, and I LOVED having it on there.

I don't know if I'll just do an intake, I can do other mods to give me more power if I really feel like it but I probably won't.

Oddly enough you should listen to far_side You seem like you are under the impression that power will come as cheaply as it does for K series owners and that is a million miles from the truth. Ti tipped mufflers, Borla headers over ones that bolt on, intakes, user accounts.....:spin: youll figure out really fast what is and isn't worth "it".

Blue Shark...it sounds like you will have to learn by your own experience, and that is okay too.

If you have to get a header, get it from a reputable company.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Im getting headers for mine. But ones for cheap. Why put all that money into a car that isnt any better than your average Corolla?

$585 vs $ChEpBay

$585.00 comes out of box bolts right on, made in USA, made by a caring party that will fix most any issue you have and uses higher quality steels, cats and welds are not bubble gum. Plus I feel all warm and fuzz b/c I sold Mike the stock header used to design the production model. Along with other idea bouncing.

$ChEpBay comes out of box, does not bolt on and probably too narrow to mock fit in order to have them cut to fit or mock a cat pipe, requires possible cutting and fitting, requires reverting to 05 exhaust or custom cat pipe, cat pipe requires cat, cat cost $75-$125, require O2 extensions so both senors reach OEM connection, cat pipe costs $$$ to fab, CEL are almost certain, far more turbulent gas evacuation route (if you go Borla replica 2.5RS), O2 extension are $32.00/per, if you hate it gong back to stock isnt a 9 bolt process.

$ChEpBay comes out to $750, you have a hacked up stock catpipe, a header that will melt your PS lines, CEL flashing and a header that might crack in 2K miles also emits that dread tick!

Look to quote Jay-Z "Hov did that so hopefully you want have to go thru that"

Hov = Me, MSPRO, alt14, few others

You = All the guys thinking about going cheap up front but not understanding total cost

$585.00 or $ChEpBay ??

will you do a before and after dyno?

will you do a before and after dyno?

Ive never dyno'd my vehicle nor have a need to.

However believe it OR not Mike is trying to build a performance header a full EL design aimed at MAX power however he is also trying to refine his UEL design to yield respectable numbers.

Below is the 2.0i UEL over stock 4hp meh but at least a basis. We all understand how F'd up that stock 2.0i manifold is so getting result from the most twisted UEL is almost automatice. Also 1stick3pedals has UEL on his boosted 09 2.5i he lost HP over the stock and has it documented.

As more folks install and tune around the header we hope to build larger db of dyno result (to compare what mods, type of tune and final hp numbers)

Stock:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/RalliSportRacing/stock22.png

After:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/RalliSportRacing/uel44.png

I'm not getting the Borla header anymore due to cracking issues I've read about, i'm going with the Rallisport racing as it bolts on directly to 06+ models and seems very well built. Just need to get my paycheck in, haha.

Way to not help the thread people.

I have an '07 2.5i with the GT header conversion. I opted out of using the Borla reps because of the leaking issue, and I thought the Rallisport header sounded different (not to my liking) and thought I could beat the price by doing a GT conversion while having stock quality there as well.

There's actually a cat in the stock 2.5i header, so you eliminate that with the GT one fabbed to fit and eliminate about 2 feet of piping (me say good) and there's no difference in power or economy in the real world.

You'll see my posts in the UEL header conversion thread, feel free to ask me any questions whatsoever.

Archived