LegacyGT.com

Blown Powersteering pump

It didnt work. I didnt have power steering and it was making loud noises so I figured a flush would fix it. But when I spin the powersteering pump no fluid moves, the fluid only moves when I move the steering wheel.

I had changed my passenger side valve cover gasket, and some other things, and I removed one of the psteering lines to get to a spot, but I think when I reconnected everything a lot of air got in system. Then it completely just stopped working.

I pulled the top line on pump with the o ring, there was some fluid inside pump, but it just sits, I thought turning the powersteering wheel would move the fluid , but it just sat there, so i'm thinking its the pump based on that.

I just figured it out! LOL, i'm just stupid! I had to turn the wheel steering wheel before spinning the steering pump. I moved the wheel back and forth, some fluid came out, then i started turning the steering pump and it started moving fluid from resevoir to pump, when it stopped I had to turn the steering wheel and repeat.

Apparently I am amazing at breaking s***

Archived