LegacyGT.com

first tune

hi guys im pretty new to this and subaru i have spent sometime looking over things and trying to gather as much info as possible ok so here are my ?'s

2006 lgt turbo stock

1. i want to buy a cobb ap, anything special i need to do or buy as well to go along with it

2. what would you recommend after the ap, doing this on a very limited budget

so can only afford one thing at a time

3.is there anything that will make the automatic better off the line??

4.oh yeah im almost part of the 200k club and dont really know the history of the car all that well but it runs very very well much better than i have read about others on here with 150k less

5.i have always been a detroit muscle man and now i own this and wouldnt trade it for the world i love my LGT just want to be able to start making a few changes

6. just bought rockstar rims for it kmc775

ok in closing please keep it simple dont really know alot about subaru's

thanks for any input or help

99% sure an AP is just plug and play with the OTS maps(heard they run a little rich to be "safe")up-pipe and down pipe will help the air flow better with the turbo and would require a tune(can't remember what the OTS maps on the AP are for)

• 2 weeks later...

yes got good brakes and 60k and 100k was done and i try to keep up on weekly/daily maint. having wheel bearing in left rear replaced monday just bought a new pair of kmc775 rockstar car rims that arrived today and having those put on in the am

looking into getting a up and a down pipe as well as the tuner

thanks for the info

Since there's over 200k miles on the car, and you don't know the history that much, I would recommend doing the following first to determine the health of the motor & turbo.

- Compression check on the cylinders.

- Leak test for any leaks in the heads or intake system.

- Pull the Downpipe off and inspect the blades and the shaft for any play, make sure the wastegate is aligned.

If these check out ok, then happy modding. :)

My wife's balls are delicious.

thanks guys for all the info i know it has alot of miles on it or well from what i see on here where most people have less than 80k on their lgt but all that said i guess that my ultimate ? is at this mileage is it worth putting money into being its my daily driver. i have been a mustang owner my whole life until now and i like it i live where it snows what feels like all year and it does so well and on top of that its fast.. i want to if its logical put a new up and down pipe and tune it other than that i like it the way it is it racing here is very frowned upon and no tracks anywhere close.....:(

thanks guys for all the info i know it has alot of miles on it or well from what i see on here where most people have less than 80k on their lgt but all that said i guess that my ultimate ? is at this mileage is it worth putting money into being its my daily driver. i have been a mustang owner my whole life until now and i like it i live where it snows what feels like all year and it does so well and on top of that its fast.. i want to if its logical put a new up and down pipe and tune it other than that i like it the way it is it racing here is very frowned upon and no tracks anywhere close.....:(

I went stage 1 ACN about 85K miles. I have no idea how your turbo is doing which is probably the weakest point followed by the conditions of your rings.

Save your money for the AP and find a local tuner to get the job done right. You will save a bunch of money and have some left for other mods. I sold my AP and have had my car tuned 2 times and still haven't spent the amount of even 1/3 the cost of the AP.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Save your money for the AP and find a local tuner to get the job done right. You will save a bunch of money and have some left for other mods. I sold my AP and have had my car tuned 2 times and still haven't spent the amount of even 1/3 the cost of the AP.

Agreed, IMHO the AP is overpriced and overrated.

Can you flip between tune modes? HOw does a custom tune work?

ON long road trips I flip into eco mode with AP.

Can you flip between tune modes? HOw does a custom tune work?

ON long road trips I flip into eco mode with AP.

If you want the same functionality open source, you have to hook up a laptop and then flash an alternate map. AP just makes it convenient. AP really makes the most financial sense if you don't have a laptop and plan to mount it instead of a single purpose gauge for something the ECU can read anyway (like boost).

Or if your tuner uses it...

If you were going to buy a laptop, a used netbook with xp is a good choice. Super cheap and an 8" will fit in the glove box.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived