LegacyGT.com

Help with Sound Ordnance B-8PT install

spc2125

I have heat shrink and will go on when i solder.

I dont have any crazy annoying passengers and if I do, they have the control to not mess with the dial. But its only held on by tape and can be easily moved.

And lastly, the speaker will not fit in the other side around. I will put some black towels over it and although its not ideal, i rarely have passengers more than one. But will make sure its made aware if my rear is full of passengers.

Thanks for the input!

When i had aftermarket subs installed i had my bass control knob double side taped to my fuse control door that flips down
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

When do we get a review?

Im going to give it a week or two to see how it is.

But my initial reaction is that its not what i expected but it does the job. Now i have a suspicion that the crappy headunit has some cause in this. But it does bump hard for that little thing.

• I Donated Too

They bump very hard. I have them in my car. Steven may not have the enough low frequency fed to the LPF or the LPF is not adjusted right or the crappy factory head unit has shelved them off or compressed them to a higher band. Adjusting the LPF to take more of the mid range may help as will increasing some of the gain. Basically yes, this is all the factory head units fault. Maybe we can dabble with understanding what's fed out to the factory subwoofer feeds - maybe there's a special LPF in the head unit for that, maybe I can just talk you into getting a proper HU.

I sent you pictures of mine Steven - gather the wiring feeds into one split loom and then it will all be tidy and not in anyone's feet. Cable tie tightly and neatly and it'll look like a proper job.

So I bought a soldering iron and stuff from home depot and i practiced on some spare speaker wire I had. It isnt as easy as it looks.

But I finished it. Now I just have to add some heat shrink to it and clean up the wires.

Soldering takes years of practice, be sure to heat the work, not the solder.

I used a crappy Radio Shack iron for the last 10 years. Finally treated myself to a nice Weller. Very excited to try it out

I had a weller one. $17 from home depot. I tried heating the joint and then touch the solder to the joint not the tip of the iron... its difficult. I felt that the iron wouldnt head up the wire and the solder would never melt. Im going to try changing the tip of the iron to a flat top rather then a point.

Although, I am done with that. Going to heatshrink today.

• I Donated Too
Use some solder on the iron tip, touch that to the work - the solder on the tip will help transfer the heat to the work - you then apply the solder to the work to close the join. Make sure you have heatshrink pushed on first and pushed WELL AWAY from the soldering work or it will shrink down before you're ready and you won't be able to move it. You obviously can't apply tubing once you've soldered the joint.

You want to follow something like this tutorial when doing wire to wire joints. Note the heat shrink is put on prior to soldering and you kind of "braid" the lines together for a good joint - not twist them as if you are installing with a wire nut. I also do not use my iron to heat the shrink tube - I have a little butane torch I use.

At least you got a little practice. I soldered for years doing competitive R/C racing and it's an art. Now cut that shit off and do it right! Practice makes perfect ;)

Ill def redo it in the spring time when my fingers arent freezing to death. It was good practice and im glad i finally got into soldering. Such a more solid way to do wiring.

I dont have a heat gun yet and i tried using a hair drier but it wouldnt do anything to the heat shrink. So i just whipped out my zippo. Worked fine.

These things do pack quite the punch. I listen to cd's instead of the crappy head unit radio and the sound is pretty impressive.

Harbor Freight has a decent heat gun, two temps for like $12 or something. Like I said, soldering takes years to master. The fact you don't have a giant glob of solder on the end of the wires means you're off to a better start than many :)

• I Donated Too
I have used the butt of the soldering iron to shrink the tube, not the tip or you'll melt the tube and leave solder in it! You can touch it very quickly but I wouldn't - I just hold it under the wrap and it will shrink from the rising heat. Yes... Steven - do it again, practice makes perfect and you won't make the same mistake again. .:Catalyst:. described the process well...

Archived