LegacyGT.com

Local Groupbuy: Primitive Skid Plates

BarManBean

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
The 'local' part of it was based on the expectation that having several plates shipped to one single location would provide cost savings but that doesn't appear to be the case based on a previous shipping quote I had for a single plate. That quote was a while back tho--either way, that's why I'm thinking now that this might get better traction as a traditional group buy if Paul / primitive is game.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Turns out I was emailing with an employee and not directly with Paul. He got back to me and will do a 15% discount and can ship everything for about half the price. Updated pricing information added to the first post.

• Moderators
Where do I send teh moniez?

Will PM you my paypal info. Please send the money as a gift or include the necessary fees if you prefer. I have to write one single check or do one single money order for the entire order per Primitive's request.

For everyone: Please state EXACTLY what you are looking for in the notes when you send paypal. I need the breakdown of the plate thickness and any add-ons that you want. If you have questions about pricing, PM me first.

• Moderators
Everyone: please let me know if you have a fumoto valve currently or plan to run this. From talking further with Primitive it may be the case that "fumoto access" is a requirement for having a fumoto valve, not just an option to make access easier. Will keep you posted, but in the mean time, let me know specifically what you have or plan to have please.

I have a fumoto valve and primitive plate, without any sort of clearance issue.

It's pretty easy to pull the plate off when doing oil changes too. I'm glad I saved the money and went with a blank plate, very happy with this purchase in general. Even hacked my OEM undertray to integrate it into the primitive plate, which doesn't exactly cover everything right & left of the motor itself.

• Moderators
Just found my receipt, I have the 1/8".. which I'd say is sufficient for 99% of people.

I was thinking about going with 3/16" just because, but if you say that the 1/8" really seems pretty stout I may just go with that--weight savings and whatnot :lol:

• Moderators

just sent everyone involved a questionnaire to make sure that I have all the necessary info. Once everyone gets back, I'll send a complete rundown of what is needed to Primitive to confirm prices, etc. I'll give them a call this evening to see if I can get some images of what is actually involved in "fumoto access".

For the oil filter access, please be aware that it's just a hole and no cover is provided. Apparently the cover is a $50 option--seems expensive to me, I'll confirm that this evening as well.

That's the only reason I thought mine was the 3/16" plate, because it's a serious piece of metal there. My invoice says 1/8" though.

If you are legit off-roading with your Legacy I could see the 3/16" being necessary, otherwise no..

• Moderators

Talked to Paul on the phone. Basically all these things are built to order and everything is completely custom. That said, I'm going to put together a detailed spreadsheet with everything he might need. He'll provide me with pricing and then everyone can decide if they still want to order or not.

For the fumoto access, please see the picture posted in the first post. It's different for each application in terms of size and location and different cars require different things--on some platforms the plate may fit just fine, others may require modification.

Please let me know what kind of transmission you have also.

Archived