LegacyGT.com

Caliper bolt stuck, help asap

So I am working on the front brake pads for a 2009 legacy. I got the front left done but am stuck on the front right. The bottom pin where the caliper bolt screws in to will not move in and out. It does however, spin freely. This is preventing the caliper from going back on to the rotor/pads. The caliper won't slide back over this pin, so i can't bolt it back on. The pistons are compressed all the way. This really makes no sense to me seeing how it was on the car a few minutes before. I don't recall if the front left bolt moved in or out because i had no problem with it. Please help as soon as you can, because I need to get this done today.

Thanks

James

Hope you figured it our by now.

I'm trying to remember how they go together, I know that has me thinking before also.

I sent you the service manual.

Good luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey, sorry everyone for not getting back to you. yeah it turns out the pin was stuck and was supposed to move. I didn't have a blow torch or anything so we ended up taking it in to a shop. Thanks for the replies.

Archived