The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our son is 1, and has his FIRST bout of minor diaper rash!!

Coconut oil. Have found disposable diapers (or change to another brand) typically to blame. Cloth diapers with liners are amazing.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Coconut oil. Have found disposable diapers (or change to another brand) typically to blame. Cloth diapers with liners are amazing.

Like I said, it's his only diaper rash ever. Not bad for 12 months!

Were bit worried about it. Pampers for life.

Second night of a cold for our little guy. Last night was four hours sleep. We shall see what tonight brings. Guessing the same or less. He's do damn congested.

He went through a lot of viruses the first 6-7 months of daycare, but has been great for the last few months (with the exception of a kidney infection). Forgot how much this part sucks!

So my 6yo is starting to figure out the whole "currency/stored value" concept. He got to buy a toy at the store with his mom yesterday. First time he hasn't had exact change...

The clerk went to hand him the change in the way we're all used to, upside-down fist with the fingers slightly extended, waiting for you to put your palm out so they can drop the change...

Apparently, my kid saw that and immediately thought, "OH, I KNOW THIS ONE!" and proceeded to give the clerk a hearty fist-bump. Apparently he thought the clerk was agreeing with him on the awesomeness of his selected purchase. Seems he made the clerk's day.

I have taught him well. :cool:

Last night was our longest stretch with 7 week old, 10:30-3:30. Otherwise she wants a bottle every 2 hours. The kid is a bottomless pit :lol:

my son was like that. doc told us to load the bottle with rice cereal. it was so thick we had to cut open the nipple holes for his bottle so he could get it out. but, doing that, he started sleeping for 6+ hours. my girls were fine with either formula or formula with a bit of rice cereal in it to keep em full and happy.

my son was like that. doc told us to load the bottle with rice cereal. it was so thick we had to cut open the nipple holes for his bottle so he could get it out. but, doing that, he started sleeping for 6+ hours. my girls were fine with either formula or formula with a bit of rice cereal in it to keep em full and happy.

I suggested that, but wifey said she is too young.

A bottle every 2 hours is rough, especially considering it takes her about a half hour to suck down a bottle.

Last night was our longest stretch with 7 week old, 10:30-3:30. Otherwise she wants a bottle every 2 hours. The kid is a bottomless pit :lol:

Those were the days, cherish every one of them:) once they start talking the game changes.

Took my daughter to have her picture taken with Santa, was supposed to drive around and look at xmas lights but the line took 1 1/2 hrs. DAMN SANTA!!:spin:

I suggested that, but wifey said she is too young.

A bottle every 2 hours is rough, especially considering it takes her about a half hour to suck down a bottle.

She'll get there. Not every kid develops at the same rate. Our little guy was every 3-4 hours (more or less), until we let him cry it out at 5 months or so.

She'll get there. Not every kid develops at the same rate. Our little guy was every 3-4 hours (more or less), until we let him cry it out at 5 months or so.

I know, it just makes for rough nights :lol:

At this time with our first, we had to wake her for middle of the night feedings.

It goes by so fast, you'll actually miss it when it's past. Enjoy it for what it is, and who they will become as a result.

These are "bond-moments" that will be indelibly scribed into your baby. They're absorbing everything, sight, sound, smell, taste, feel at an incredible rate - would put a high-end data computer to shame - and you want to be part of the "absorbed" data now and into the future.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Being a parent kicks ass. Kicks my ass, I mean.

Didn't know what exhausted meant until I had kids. There was a time when I could be at the bar until closing time get up go to work and do it all over again. Now I can't make it through a movie on DVD or DVR without falling asleep. I have become a chauffeur. I'm not sure what I did with all my free time before kids but free times no longer exist.

The 15 year old now has a boyfriend. Nice boy went to the Catholic school before High School. As a former Catholic school altar boy myself I don't trust him. I am going with the assumption that if her mouth is moving then she must be lying. The wife keep reminding we need to let her make mistakes so that she can learn, give her just enough rope to hang herself.

learners permit time at 15.5 yrs is great, i made all 3 of them be chauffeurs. now that i have one on her own and two driving i thought i would have more alone time. not so much, they end up wanting to hang out with me on weekends anyway. not that i mind, i have no life so id just sit home and play fallout on the xbox.

Kid finally saw the new house today. And while she isn't overly thrilled, she seems to be much more comfortable with the whole idea. She enjoyed her 'suite of rooms' (2 bedrooms connected by a bath with her own stairs to the kitchen). It's going to be good, really really good. Happy Friday!!!

I'd like to fast forward a couple months :lol:

I've come to the conclusion babies are overrated.

...nah, babies are cool well except for the diaper part :lol:. My little guy came home today and it's great having him home in time for Christmas. All he does is eat, sleep, and look adorable; it's a pretty sweet gig if you ask me.